PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

Anyone else just an email reply? I got one and it says "We are shipping out a replacement promptly" and for me to send back the copy I have. The email mentions nothing about variants though, so I'm curious if they're actually sending out the smoke copy... I think I'll wait til this new one arrives before I send mine back

2 hours ago, CardboardDoom said:

Anyone else just an email reply? I got one and it says "We are shipping out a replacement promptly" and for me to send back the copy I have. The email mentions nothing about variants though, so I'm curious if they're actually sending out the smoke copy... I think I'll wait til this new one arrives before I send mine back

If you let them know you didn't get the right variant it wouldn't make a ton of sense for them to ship the wrong variant again...

8 hours ago, CardboardDoom said:

Me and my buddy both were shipped black when we ordered the Smoke and discussed the same thing. I'll definitely be holding onto my black copy until I receive the correct variant. I'll double earlier comments by saying the black sounds phenomenal, I've already given the entire record a couple spins.

45 minutes ago, smarkville said:

Me and my buddy both were shipped black when we ordered the Smoke and discussed the same thing. I'll definitely be holding onto my black copy until I receive the correct variant. I'll double earlier comments by saying the black sounds phenomenal, I've already given the entire record a couple spins.

so you are going to listen to the album then return it to them?

10 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Do they have a coat check or something? I really don't want to have to hold those records all night. 

Pretty sure they have a coat check - but if you're gonna do that, I'd suggest bringing a backpack with a record mailer in it or something.  If you shoot them an email I'm sure they'd let you know what they can accommodate.  And I agree with you - it's probably gonna be tight in there that night so holding the records isn't something you want to be stuck doing.

2 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Pretty sure they have a coat check - but if you're gonna do that, I'd suggest bringing a backpack with a record mailer in it or something.  If you shoot them an email I'm sure they'd let you know what they can accommodate.  And I agree with you - it's probably gonna be tight in there that night so holding the records isn't something you want to be stuck doing.

Yeah i figured I'd bring a backpack. Record mailer is a good idea too. It's still not sold out, which surprises me.

16 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I can't get rid of that quote for some reason. But the first email I received seemed like a very generic canned reply, I sent a follow up email back and just got this: 

"Yes, you will be receiving the smoke color vinyl. We have already begun processing the replacement order, although it has not shipped yet. We will send you an email as soon as it ships. You are welcome to wait to send the black vinyl back until you have the smoke vinyl in hand.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us."

Got black when I ordered smoke just like a lot of you. I called the number that was mentioned above and the guy was super nice. He said he was sending the correct copy my way and that I "should" send the black copy back when I get the right one in.

Just playing devil's advocate here but he didn't sound too demanding about sending the record back. He didn't mention getting charged for it if I don't. I"m obviously not going to do that but what would keep someone from sending it back?

Haven't really listened to Thrice since Vheissu...so really had no expectations heading into this album (other than expecting heavier than before according to singles I heard). Have to say I'm really enjoying it. Hurricane is killer opener, love it. Also after reading all the "this is dad rock" or "Thrice Days Grace" comments, I've realized maybe Im just an old man now ....

rashida-jones-the-office-shrug-gif.gif

And pretty sure I saw a couple copies of this at my local record store other day, so will have to pick it up since its apparently selling out everywhere.