PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

1 hour ago, TheMightyQuinn said:

Received the smoke I ordered... phew. Truly, my heart's out to those of you who got shafted. 

One thing that hasn't been discussed, at least not that I've seen, is the sound quality of the record. Those of you that have spun it already: how does it stack up to the sound quality of their previous releases (i.e. the most recent repress of Vheissu, and the 180g The Illusion of Safety, for example)?

My black copy sounded fantastic. 

37 minutes ago, cfrancese5 said:

albums really growing on me.. wish the lyrics were better though.

i feel like half the album has really solid lyrics that are on par with past material (hurricane, the window, long defeat, black honey, salt and shadow) but i really don't like lyrics that are written in the style that death from above and whistleblower are (musically, whistleblower is pretty killer though). 

2 hours ago, Kevin360 said:

Was that the first 20-30 orders ti get shipped out? Or the first 20-30 orders placed when the site went live? You may not know the answer to this. I'd probably be in the first 20-30 orders range with my order, so I'm still a bit worried. 

I expect my copy to arrive today.

I'm assuming 20-30 ordered, I placed my order at 11:13pm est literally a minute or two after thrice posted it to their facebook 

Just got mine in and got the smoke I had ordered. I must have ordered within the first 30 minutes as well. Really sucks about the mixup to everyone it happened to and hope it gets sorted out accordingly. On a side note, the quality of this really is as top notch as everyone has been saying. Really digging the string bound photobook. 

Since the "smoke" and 180g is now sold out I wonder if they'll continue to keep this in press just different variants. They're basically printing money with every press/repress they do so it doesn't make sense for them to only press 3,000 or whatever the press for TBEITBN numbers are. I think they should do a pink marble variant it would look fantastic with the art work.