PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

You really don't get why people like records that are more limited & possibly visually more appealing than others?

No, I understand that but not to the point where a person is let down that they can own a copy on vinyl of the album. Hey to each there own.. but for me as long as I can own a copy of an album I am not going to get bent out of shape that a band sold out a limited variant of the album in the middle of the night.  Like I said though to each there own.

No, I understand that but not to the point where a person is let down that they can own a copy on vinyl of the album. Hey to each there own.. but for me as long as I can own a copy of an album I am not going to get bent out of shape that a band sold out a limited variant of the album in the middle of the night. Like I said though to each there own.

I get where you're coming from. There was a release really recently where checkout got fucked up and some people missed out on a variant (that was limited to like 50 or something stupid) and one limited to 5, and they took to the labels Facebook to complain that they couldn't own this record now, while there were still a bunch of the less limited variant available. I think the less limited one was still limited to something like 200, too. I get that some people really want that limited variant, but for someone to not buy a record because they can't get the "prettiest" variant bums me out.

I also can't get behind this single.

I just calls 'em like I hears 'em bud!.

Will reserve judgement to hear the whole album. They wouldn't be the first band to pick a wack lead single.

Just giving you (and mostly Matt) a bit of shit. As a fairly open minded Thrice fan who enjoys their entire discography, the single isn't blowing my mind either. These dudes have had years to jam and finesse material, though – really hoping they throw in some interesting curveballs.

I just woke up because I work at night and missed the colored variant as well... I ordered a black one. I'm sure I'll have a chance to pick up a variant at some point. I'm hoping that they will have a limited edition tour variant since I will be at the first show in LA. I don't know why you all are hating on the first song. Bands always release what they believe will be the most "radio friendly" song first. It's good but not great.

So the thread went from "They only did 1000, oh no!" to "Everyone can get the black now, oh no!"?

so imagine this, you live in the EU and thrice pre-orders go up in the US. You know the LP's are limited to 1000 pieces so you dont want to miss out and you grab it and pay 20 dollars on shipping.

then suddenly they scrap the limitless of the LP which basicly means you paid 20 dollars of shipping for nothing, because eventually all non limited presses will reach the EU without having to pay the aforementioned shipping costs. Cruel? I would say so

so imagine this, you live in the EU and thrice pre-orders go up in the US. You know the LP's are limited to 1000 pieces so you dont want to miss out and you grab it and pay 20 dollars on shipping.

then suddenly they scrap the limitless of the LP which basicly means you paid 20 dollars of shipping for nothing, because eventually all non limited presses will reach the EU without having to pay the aforementioned shipping costs. Cruel? I would say so

Then cancel your order and order domestically. There is no reason to get pissed that more people can get the record.

Cruel would be if they said that it was just these two variants and that this was a one time pressing, shipped you the records and then sold it worldwide for less than you'd paid. I feel you on the struggle of having to pay $20 shipping, but Thrice is big enough that I doubt they'd have their entire pressing of a new album be less than the Hot Topic repress of Vheissu from a few years ago. At the very least you should be able to cancel your order and get it elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, I seem to remember paying to see Thrice on a farewell tour, and now they're back together. Now other people get to see them on a tour after that. Is that cruel?

Then cancel your order and order domestically. There is no reason to get pissed that more people can get the record.

Im really not pissed that more people can get the record, i couldnt care less. Its that it said it was 1000 presses what pushed me into buying it from them and not getting it domestically

...er of fact, I seem to remember paying to see Thrice on a farewell tour, and now they're back together. Now other people get to see them on a tour after that. Is that cruel?

Im with you on that

I'll contact their store see what they are up to and cancel if needed.

I'm 99% sure there's some bold text near the end of checkout that states that orders aren't able to be canceled or refunded due to the "nature of pre-orders", or something. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I'm 99% sure there's some bold text near the end of checkout that states that orders aren't able to be canceled or refunded due to the "nature of pre-orders", or something. Just wanted to throw that out there.

100% correct. However the same thing was on the page for the autographed Kendrick Lamar Untitled LPs (both MusicToday stores) and I know a few people canceled those, so anyone in this boat can certainly try. I'm sure since the item description changed they will be more willing to help.