SUBLIME Box Set - Soonish? TBA

wow, that is an absolutely ridiculous price.. I am def. not touching that box set now sadly unless that price drops significantly which I doubt. That's closer to what I expected the inflated post-sell out ebay price to be...

The bonus stuff is kind of weak too, especially for that price point. I am really liking the mat but the lithographs are not very tempting from what I can see and the box looks like a quick mediocre photoshop job...

Massively disappointing considering how long I have been waiting for something like this to drop...

Oh well I guess, I just hope the individual releases all get the same remastering treatment that Jah Wont Pay The Bills got and I will still be happy with that. Especially finally having the acoustic album on vinyl!

Realistically, fuck this.

I am a huge fan of Sublime and I couldnt wait to get my hands on this, but come on guys - this is just taking the piss?

I can get all 6 LPs (3 x 180g's + 3 x newly released) for $172 through SRC (15% off coupon)

So they wanna charge me an additional $177 for extended Jah, slipmat (I could get printed for less than $10) and a couple prints in a (printed) cardboard box?

Just gutted aye...

Expensive as hell, but I'd almost do it for the expanded Jah and that dope slipmat. I think I'm good saving ~$150 (probably more with major label shipping) and going with BullMoose though. 

Edit: just saw the shipping price. Yeah, I'm sticking with BullMoose and the extra $200. 

14 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Expensive as hell, but I'd almost do it for the expanded Jah and that dope slipmat. I think I'm good saving ~$150 (probably more with major label shipping) and going with BullMoose though. 

Edit: just saw the shipping price. Yeah, I'm sticking with BullMoose and the extra $200. 

At least the ridiculous price makes the decision easier aye.

I just ordered the lot through SRC, Im stoked, I can manage without the extra Jah etc..

7 minutes ago, Alice in Chains said:

This is so fucking disappointing. $400 that's insane. It really sucks because that Jah 2LP is so tempting, I'm sure it has Roots of Creation on it and the alternate Smoke Two Joints which both rock. :(

Hoping to find the Jah LP separately somewhere later down the road.

11 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

No doubt.

Have 2 variants of the S/T, and 2 variants of 40 oz.

Not going to bother with RTH, banking on the Hot Topic one being released soon.

Why? These copies are gonna have much better mastering, and probably come out a lot sooner. Travis has been waiting on their RTH to come out for nearly two years now. 

13 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Why? These copies are gonna have much better mastering, and probably come out a lot sooner. Travis has been waiting on their RTH to come out for nearly two years now. 

I'm guessing they will still be the same mastering. Also, I would assume HT was waiting on the news for the wide spread release.

I may be way off, but I'm a gambling man.B)

50 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I'm guessing they will still be the same mastering. Also, I would assume HT was waiting on the news for the wide spread release.

Pretty sure these masters were only done this year, and that HT RTH has been in the works for a couple now, spose they could have waited though?

I dont understand why HT would want to wait til after these versions were announced? I wouldve thought getting in first would be the go.

A lot of people who have now pre-ordered wont be bothered with the HT variant

58 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Well 40 OZ came out forever ago through HT, and the news of the remastering came after.