SUBLIME Box Set - Soonish? TBA

11 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It always said standard weight for the non-lenticular versions on most sites. That's why I got the lenticulars. 

7 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Greater weight does not mean better quality pressing. As far as I'm concerned it's a marketing gimmick. Source and mastering is everything.

28 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm aware of this.

Chris Bellman in the deadwax so they are sure to sound great. I mean it's not AAA analog, but not much is these days. 

I just got back from Mohegan Sun to find my first shipment from Bmoose. They sent Stand by Your Van, Second Hand Smoke, and 40oz. However, I didn't order 40oz, I ordered Acoustic.

Robbin the Hood should be here Monday also.

I just got home so I haven't had a chance to wash and listen yet, but maybe Monday?

Edited by vinyl addict

5 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Chris Bellman in the deadwax so they are sure to sound great. I mean it's not AAA analog, but not much is these days. 

I just got back from Mohegan Sun to find my first shipment from Bmoose. They sent Stand by Your Van, Second Hand Smoke, and 40oz. However, I didn't order 40oz, I ordered Acoustic.

Robbin the Hood should be here Monday also.

I just got home so I haven't had a chance to wash and listen yet, but maybe Monday?

YESSSSS, love seeing CB's initials. Any idea where they were pressed? As long as it's not from Rainbo or URP I'll be happy. 

Box set came packed in a box just a bit bigger than the box set. Wrapped in two sheets of thin bubble wrap and about a dozen styrofoam peanuts tossed in. No surprise that the box is damaged. Seam splits on almost every inner sleeve (not a big deal to me). Hoping they replace the box. 

Also missing inserts for Robbin' the Hood, Secondhand Smoke, & Jah Won't Pay the Bills. Anyone know whether or not they should've included inserts with these?

I've seen a few complaints on Amazon about major warping (what else is new) on all the reissues except Self Titled. I've had many warped records arrive from Amazon only to be sent back for replacements. Wonder if this is just an Amazon thing. Probably going to pay extra and get it on BM.

Edited by am153

2 hours ago, ImmaculateKicks86 said:

just about all the vinyl i've received from them has been warped to some degree but playable when i returned items for replacement same issue so i try to avoid ordering from them even if i have to pay a little bit more.   

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Mine came from Bmoose and are flat and clean. RtH sounds fantastic, along with SBYV. Haven't listened to Acoustic or SHS yet.

Thanks, I went with BM and got some more mofi inners for quite a bit cheaper than I usually do on amazon.

Edited by am153
updated

20 hours ago, jos464 said:

Box set came packed in a box just a bit bigger than the box set. Wrapped in two sheets of thin bubble wrap and about a dozen styrofoam peanuts tossed in. No surprise that the box is damaged. Seam splits on almost every inner sleeve (not a big deal to me). Hoping they replace the box. 

Also missing inserts for Robbin' the Hood, Secondhand Smoke, & Jah Won't Pay the Bills. Anyone know whether or not they should've included inserts with these?

I have the standard versions.  Robbin' the Hood & Secondhand Smoke does not have any inserts, everything were printed in the inner gatefold.  The RSD version of Jah didn't come with one either.  Records are in those paper sleeves, and I just ran out of the Diskeeper Inner Sleeves.

29 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Ended up going with CCMusic to save $60, and they shipped all six records in a big ass box with paper to pad it. Every one has nasty bent corners. I normally don't bitch about this shit, but I spent $160 on these, you think they could've actually packed the fucking box. 

That sux, you expect a bit more care when buying more records aye, but the packaging seems to get worse?

I ordered the six from CC too, turned up in a flimsy ass box with paper filler, I was scared to open it, luckily they were sweet, miracle they made it to New Zealand in one piece really

40 minutes ago, snowynz said:

That sux, you expect a bit more care when buying more records aye, but the packaging seems to get worse?

I ordered the six from CC too, turned up in a flimsy ass box with paper filler, I was scared to open it, luckily they were sweet, miracle they made it to New Zealand in one piece really

When did yours arrive?

I am still waiting for my S/T to get here.

46 minutes ago, snowynz said:

Got them last Friday, only 3 days after shipping notification - couldnt believe how quick it was, specially with such cheap postage too 

I believe they used DHL for international shipments. I am sure that this method is much more reliable/careful with their shipments. I too ordered from CC. Arrived without incident in the same card board box with loose paper around it. I remember when it arrived I was also scared to view the contents. Yo my surprise the records were mint. Got dinged with a 20+ import charge though. Can't complain, arrived in 2 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, afireinside7444 said:

Wife just got her copy in, dose Second hand smoke, Jah won't pay the bills, and Robin the hood NOT come with inserts? 

On June 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM, urban_bandito said:

I have the standard versions.  Robbin' the Hood & Secondhand Smoke does not have any inserts, everything were printed in the inner gatefold.  The RSD version of Jah didn't come with one either.  Records are in those paper sleeves, and I just ran out of the Diskeeper Inner Sleeves.