When it started I honestly felt that it was being created to showcase bands who might not be able to do full U.S. tours. It had sponsores but they were smaller companies that kind of catered to the subculture. Clearly it made money or they would have stopped doing it. Now it seems it should be the Motorola Mtn.Dew Warped Tour brought to you by Nike. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that bands have paid there way onto the tour, it's a shame.

When it started I honestly felt that it was being created to showcase bands who might not be able to do full U.S. tours. It had sponsores but they were smaller companies that kind of catered to the subculture. Clearly it made money or they would have stopped doing it. Now it seems it should be the Motorola Mtn.Dew Warped Tour brought to you by Nike. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that bands have paid there way onto the tour, it's a shame.

I thought I heard of labels forking over money to get their bands on the tour but haven't heard of that happening on the band level.

I went last year (mainly because I'm friends with a band that played) and enjoyed it. I don't think I'd make the road trip again this year though. I have a poster from '05 (I think?) when Warped actually used to come to western Canada. The lineup that year was like Senses Fail, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, all that stuff when they were in their prime. I wish I had gone to see that. It definitely has gone downhill. 

Don't even get me started on the seventeen year old youtubers that are being allowed to come on the tour and treated like celebrities for absolutely no reason. 

Don't even get me started on the seventeen year old youtubers that are being allowed to come on the tour and treated like celebrities for absolutely no reason.

Oh my god I know. People PAY to meet them. Like, really? At a concert, well... festival. I hate all the random people that come because they are "famous". If you are in a band then you should be there. If your a " celebrity", you shouldent be touring with the bands.

I guess I'm pretty naive, I thought almost 75% of bands in fests pay their way in. And hope to God they sell enough merch and meet/greets to make it back. I thought that was pretty much the downfall of a lot of fests that don't exist anymore (ex. Ozzfest).

well it depends on how you qualify who pays to get the band on Warped... if you include Sponsors, Management and Labels with Bands paying to get on Warped... I would be shocked if it were below 50 or 60%, and not closer to 75%.  the number of bands who actually get PAID from warped tour is much much smaller than the number of bands who pay to get on.

Super stoked for the guys in Masked Intruder, I've been wanting to see them for years but every time they play here (Orlando, they don't play here often either) I miss it. Not to mention how big of a deal this is going to be for them and how many new fans they're sure to gain. Definitely one of the best bands in modern punk rock/pop punk music.

Super stoked for the guys in Masked Intruder, I've been wanting to see them for years but every time they play here (Orlando, they don't play here often either) I miss it. Not to mention how big of a deal this is going to be for them and how many new fans they're sure to gain. Definitely one of the best bands in modern punk rock/pop punk music.

I highly doubt people go to music festivals (specifically Warped Tour) to hear new music. Bands tend to sound pretty terrible outdoors.

I highly doubt people go to music festivals (specifically Warped Tour) to hear new music. Bands tend to sound pretty terrible outdoors.

No but there's always those people who do decide to check out someone new inbetween bands they want to see. Unless you have a hundred bands you wanna see there's a good chance you'll have some downtime, ya know? You make a great point but I don't think they'll go the whole tour without making any new fans. I'm just glad they're getting more attention.

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, tellallyourfriends said:

Anyone been yet? Chicago is in two weeks. 

Indy is the 19th. I was hoping some could post the prices of some merch so I know how many bills to neglect :) really want the Emarosa and Masked Intruder tour variants, and I'm getting my girl a couple shirts cuz she's preggers and the heat has been kickin her ass, so we're playing it safe.