PO NOW: The Fall of Troy - OK

16 minutes ago, ghost said:

Hmm..It's really just a different mix. It's grittier and more raw. 

In terms of the actual songs themselves though, they're exactly the same.

Not sure that my impressions of the album are really any different.

What do others think?

Exactly my thoughts. I almost don't feel like it's different enough to justify buying it. It really does just sound like a different mix when comparing it to the first OK. I'll have to listen to it a few times and see if it grows on me before buying one from BSM. 

I cancelled my pre-order. I just don't think there's enough difference to justify it as an entirely "new" release. 

It's a new mix for sure, but I don't think it's a new take. "F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P" vs " F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. " is a new take to me.

Nice of them to give their fans options though.

Listened to OK and OK#2 a few times really "absorb" them...they may be different mixes and whatnot...but hell, OK#2 sounds like the demo versions of OK. Nothing mind-blowing on a remix level.

Can't wait for OK#3....it'll be the piano and acoustic guitar demos, right?

;)

• 1 month later...

Didn't see it posted yet but when I went to look up when I'd be getting this album I noticed hey put up a second version of ok, called "OK2". Supposedly different and more raw than the first OK. All info on their website from pirates page

Edited by carmognole
I need to scroll back further

On 5/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, ghost said:

Hmm..It's really just a different mix. It's grittier and more raw. 

In terms of the actual songs themselves though, they're exactly the same.

Not sure that my impressions of the album are really any different.

What do others think?

1 hour ago, carmognole said:

Didn't see it posted yet but when I went to look up when I'd be getting this album I noticed hey put up a second version of ok, called "OK2". Supposedly different and more raw than the first OK. All info on their website from pirates page

Hmmm.... I'm gonna have to give both versions a listen now. I ordered the OK 2nd press, didn't fall for it after 3 listens and got a refund (mostly bc another pre-order popped up that day). To me the first 3-4 tracks were amazing and then it trailed off.... Now I gotta see if either version grows on me.

To quote the Fantano "Ya'll know this is just my opinion right?"

Edited by MCDELTAT

• 4 weeks later...
On July 6, 2016 at 1:22 AM, MCDELTAT said:

Hmmm.... I'm gonna have to give both versions a listen now. I ordered the OK 2nd press, didn't fall for it after 3 listens and got a refund (mostly bc another pre-order popped up that day). To me the first 3-4 tracks were amazing and then it trailed off.... Now I gotta see if either version grows on me.

To quote the Fantano "Ya'll know this is just my opinion right?"

I swear I'm not normally that guy to correct someone for their spelling or grammar, but as a Southerner, this one has always bothered me. Also, it very well could have been autocorrect, but just in case. The contraction for "you all" is "y'all".

4 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I swear I'm not normally that guy to correct someone for their spelling or grammar, but as a Southerner, this one has always bothered me. Also, it very well could have been autocorrect, but just in case. The contraction for "you all" is "y'all".

Lol I copied and pasted. So blame Anthony Fantano for spreading horrible knowledge of the English language.

7 hours ago, jcest said:

In idea on shipping for this? It said July but I still haven't received a notification.

According to this ebay listing, possibly starting August 5th. But yeah, who knows.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Fall-of-Troy-OK-VINYL-LP-NEW-MINT-5TH-AUG-/302013994724?hash=item46516fd6e4:g:YJkAAOSwyDxXh3mn