PO: Thursday - Kill the House Lights.

and A Day To Remember

Gross.

As a Thursday fan who's also a little OCD about owning complete discographies, and very happy to be up-to-date thus far... this is a pretty easy pass. I don't know; I'd realistically see myself spinning this once and shelving it for good shortly after. But maybe that's just me – live albums have never been my thing, but to each their own. Stoked for anyone stoked on this.

I don't know; I'd realistically see myself spinning this once and shelving it for good shortly after. But maybe that's just me – live albums have never been my thing, but to each their own. Stoked for anyone stoked on this.

agreed, love Thursday to death, but can't get into live albums. This thread made me pull out No Devolucion so that was awesome

Gross.

As a Thursday fan who's also a little OCD about owning complete discographies, and very happy to be up-to-date thus far... this is a pretty easy pass. I don't know; I'd realistically see myself spinning this once and shelving it for good shortly after. But maybe that's just me – live albums have never been my thing, but to each their own. Stoked for anyone stoked on this.

All I need is Full Collapse. That has me covered and then some. I maybe spin it once or twice a year. It was a really important album to me cause it was a segway into so much heavier stuff. I remember being at Camp Woodward in 2001, and one of the staff put it over the loudspeaker. My eyes widened and I ran up to them and asked what it was. The first thing I did when I got home was go to Target and buy the CD. I listened to it on repeat all summer. This album means a lot to me, and I wish I was in the mood for it more often. It's also kind of a shame Geoff isn't that great live.

I was at that live recording they did acoustic at Apple a long time ago. I wish that would get pressed, but of course it won't since it was made as an iTunes exclusive. They played a bunch of tracks off War All The Time, then took a few minutes to stop recording and played some older tunes. Because those tracks were on Victory they couldn't be recorded. Such a rad show.

Gross.

some pretty great studio tracks on this too. the first track, my brother the failure i think it's called... such a solid song

some pretty great studio tracks on this too. the first track, my brother the failure i think it's called... such a solid song

I listened to this yesterday to try and decide if this was something that I would listen to regularly and I think it is.  The live/demo material makes up maybe 1/3rd of it and the other supplemental material is quite good.

• 2 months later...

This is up on Victory's store.. 2XLP, 5 bonus tracks and comes with the DVD.  Not bad for $20 although I'm sure none of it goes to the band.  <_<

http://www.victorymerch.com/merch/vinyl/14844/thursday-kill-the-house-lights-live-and-unreleased-dvd-vinyl - Pink/White /231

http://www.victorymerch.com/merch/vinyl/14843/thursday-kill-the-house-lights-live-and-unreleased-dvd-vinyl

- Clear Red /488

http://www.victorymerch.com/merch/vinyl/14842/thursday-kill-the-house-lights-live-and-unreleased-dvd-vinyl - Standard Black

Edit: these are shipping too since I just got a notification.  The clear red looks really good with the album art, but I went the /231 route.  B)

Edited by curator

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the pink copy, it arrived last week and I gave it a spin yesterday.  The 1st LP is unplayable - noise and skating back & forth that regardless of where you drop the needle you get what equates to a locked groove.  The 2nd LP played fine and actually sounded decent for a Victory pressing.  I need to contact them about this as the 1st LP seems defective (and feels noticeably thinner than the 2nd LP), however I'm not too confident in their customer service...