is deadformat fucked up for everyone, or is it my computer?

I love discogs for what it is: a database. Can't beat it. I just don't ever see myself transitioning my collection over to it. Besides the insane amount of time it would take, I just do not like sifting through other people's lists on that site. It's incredibly cluttered, and I always close the tab after about a page and a half of looking. I get the draw, and the benefits of discogs, but it's going to continue to be deadformat as the best option for me. Simple, easy to view list keeping.

I wish there was a way to quick scroll to your different categories on deadformat. Like a tab system. I'm always on mobile so scrolling through someone's large tradelist is a hassle.

But I've always used deadformat so it's what I'm used to. Discogs might be something I look into down the road.

I wish there was a way to quick scroll to your different categories on deadformat. Like a tab system. I'm always on mobile so scrolling through someone's large tradelist is a hassle.

But I've always used deadformat so it's what I'm used to. Discogs might be something I look into down the road.

I agree, it can be a pain to browse easily on mobile with large collections. I'll try and come up with a solution for this soon.

I love discogs for what it is: a database. Can't beat it. I just don't ever see myself transitioning my collection over to it. Besides the insane amount of time it would take, I just do not like sifting through other people's lists on that site. It's incredibly cluttered, and I always close the tab after about a page and a half of looking. I get the draw, and the benefits of discogs, but it's going to continue to be deadformat as the best option for me. Simple, easy to view list keeping.

To add to that, adding pressing info on Discogs is a real hassle. I tried moving my collection over to Discogs a while back but found that it was incredibly annoying when I came across a record that wasn't in their system. The lack of uniformity across all the different pressings that get added drove me crazy. I prefer being able to add the pressing information that I care about in my DF list. I'm in the process of moving everything over to a Google spreadsheet so I have a backup option, but I'll continue to use DF as my primary list.

Different strokes for different folks.

I agree, it can be a pain to browse easily on mobile with large collections. I'll try and come up with a solution for this soon.

Awesome! Yeah it would be nice to skip to certain categories (7" to 12" jump) through your own or someone else's collection. But thanks for all the updates so far and listening to our suggestions

Awesome! Yeah it would be nice to skip to certain categories (7" to 12" jump) through your own or someone else's collection. But thanks for all the updates so far and listening to our suggestions

I just added a search bar and a category dropdown to the individual Collection pages - czech it outttt

1eJGhdF.png

1,200+ records over the span of six years of using DF and it's going to be with me for a while. I want to upload my collection to discogs but never would have the time to sit down and do it.

Yeah that's me and discogs, have already loaded a good chunk of my stuff there, can't be bothered to upload it to DF as well.