PO: Diarrhea Planet - Turn To Gold

14K-PREORDER_1024x1024.png?v=1460056443

At long last! The face-melting, highly-anticipated, larger-than-life third album by Diarrhea Planet. Recorded and produced by Vance Powell (JEFF The Brotherhood, Jack White, PUJOL), Turn To Gold takes the joyous energy of Diarrhea Planet's live show and pushes it through your eardrums straight to your heart. Turn To Gold is out June 10th, but you can preorder special packages with sick limited edition "turning to gold" vinyl starting... now!

24 karat packages (ltd to 200)
Turn To Gold on limited edition split black/translucent gold vinyl
- "Live at Freakin Weekend VII" on cassette with art by Tuff Gus
- T-shirt designed by Perry Shall (look out for an email about sizes)

14 karat packages (ltd to 300)
- Turn To Gold on limited edition split black/translucent gold vinyl
- "Live At Freakin Weekend VII" on cassette with art by Tuff Gus

http://infinity-cat-recordings.myshopify.com/products/diarrhea-planet-turn-to-gold

People are making a stink about this.

Why? A standard LP isn't that much different in price and you get a tape.

Wow the x/200 is gone. Managed to grab a copy of the x/300. Looking forward to more Diarrhea

Still showing up in stock for me. Would love to pull the trigger on that shirt bundle but can't really rock a middle finger shirt when I'm with my kids in public ha.

The x/200 looks like it's in stock and can be added to your cart, but when you try to check out it says sold out. Maybe a bunch are in carts??? Eh, whatever. :/

Edit: no, you were right. Went back and was able to buy it. Oh, well, 1 of each is not the worst thing in the world.

Why? A standard LP isn't that much different in price and you get a tape.

Still showing up in stock for me. Would love to pull the trigger on that shirt bundle but can't really rock a middle finger shirt when I'm with my kids in public ha.

i think it was a diarrhea joke.

Love Perry's art (have a few pieces around the house), so I went for the shirt bundle.....

....but not sure why I got down voted for stating the record was out of 500 and not 200/300.

Any ways, can not wait for this record, now I just need to find someone going to a show to get me that tour split 7", they didn't have it yet last month when I saw them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this the other day. Mine looks more like an inverted pac man with only 1/4th of the record being yellow. Also got an email from infinity cat which says,

"we decided to kick things up a notch and HIDE 10 GOLDEN TICKETS IN TURN TO GOLDRECORDS! That's right, 10 vinyl copies have special hand-numbered gold-foil tickets will get you a top secret pack of Diarrhea Planet rarities. They could be in copieson our website, at the Cathouse, yr fav record store, their merch booth (dates below & MORE COMING SOON!), the US, overseas, who knows, justgrab a record and best of luck!!"

I didn't dig through the contents of the jacket, will take a better look when I get home from work.  Wonder what this stuff could be.

• 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

Really bummed to read today that these guys are breaking up. Final two shows in Nashville on 9/7 and 9/8. This sucks.

I saw Casey (their old drummer) post about it on Instagram. Now I totally regret not seeing them play earlier this year when they opened up for The Darkness. They are ridiculously great energetic live band. I'm pretty sure the name factored into their lack of world domination but if people could looked past the name, they would have been so much bigger.