PO: Less Than Jake 2nd Press of Hello Rockview and Losing Streak are up now

• 2 weeks later...

Records finally came. My Loosing streak is beat to fuck. I've never complained to a label/distro about corner dings or seem splits but this one is beat to hell. The jacket is ripped on multiple sides and the inner sleeve is torn to shit. I get that shit happens and that's sorda just the way the USPS works. But I sent them a few pictures asking for a replacement. Maybe I'm just being a baby?
IMG_3128_zpswm8xdapt.jpg
IMG_3129_zpsoq202kr7.jpg

45 minutes ago, kylet said:

Records finally came. My Loosing streak is beat to fuck. I've never complained to a label/distro about corner dings or seem splits but this one is beat to hell. The jacket is ripped on multiple sides and the inner sleeve is torn to shit. I get that shit happens and that's sorda just the way the USPS works. But I sent them a few pictures asking for a replacement. Maybe I'm just being a baby?
IMG_3128_zpswm8xdapt.jpg
IMG_3129_zpsoq202kr7.jpg

yikes I usually don't complain about seam splits but id ask for a replacement too, hope mine show up ok they shipped out saturday. I think I grabbed the last hello rockview but I think smartpunk still has losing streak for anyone interested

• 3 weeks later...

After all that waiting, I got a refund, no replacements. 

4/18 - Preordered records (due to ship in May)
7/8 - Still no email with a tracking number or any records. Noticed a lot of folks on here had already gotten their's a few weeks prior. Followed up and they said my package had been "lost"
7/19 - Records came, very beat up due to improper packing. I'm not one to normally complain about dinged corners. But these were pretty beat up. They both had pretty large jacket splits, maybe 2"-3", as well as sleeve splits and huge corner bends. So I emailed them asking for a replacement jackets.
7/22 - They told me they have a few extra replacement records and to send them back and they'd send out a replacements.
8/2 - Followed up to see if they received the records I sent back. Got a response that they received them a few hours ago (which I know now to be a lie) and a tracking for my replacement records would be emailed to me in 24 hours.
8/15 - Followed up about that tracking number I never got, no response to that email
8/16 - Called customer service to try to figure out what the hell was going on. Was told that the people at smart punk are out of town, but my records shipped about a week ago. (again another lie) Would get a tracking number within 24 hours (never came)
8/19 - Got an email from a different representative at district lines from the person who had been handling the case thus far that my records were just received a few hours ago (even though they told me they received them a few weeks ago?) and I'd be getting a refund shortly (all along I was very clear that I would just like replacement jackets, the originally representative said that was no issue and never mentioned a refund)
8/22 - Called to talk to them and say I would really just like a replacement jacket, not a refund, and they told me they already gave out the copies they had set aside as replacements, they don't have any copies left, sorry get lost.

So 4 months later I'm left with out any records. And now I have to hunt them down on ebay 
:(

Fuck smartpunk and their outsourced shipping service district lines. This was my first dealing with smartpunk since they've resurfaced, and their customer service is god awful.

Edited by kylet

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, coolio said:

Because it was a voting contest to press the album, which, besides 7x7" and a picture disc, has never had a proper full length LP pressing. Now it's not going to happen, which is unfortunate. 

I'm not sure anyone besides the band really knows if that's true.  And they've been saying for years they plan to press it- so hopefully they actually do it themselves soon, like they keep saying. 

38 minutes ago, AWasteOfATime said:

interesting to think about where that will go considering they kicked vinnie out, and he was the vinyl guy 

31 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Dang I forgot they kicked him out...what happened with that again?  

30 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

They kicked Vinnie out?

From the horses mouth in 2018, he will not be TOURING. After 27 years of doing that, life and touring collided. He is still "doing the same things" but just won't be on stage.

4 minutes ago, Satan said:

From the horses mouth in 2018, he will not be TOURING. After 27 years of doing that, life and touring collided. He is still "doing the same things" but just won't be on stage.

Oh that's right!  Yeah that makes more sense...alright Vinnie, get that Anthem vinyl pressed for us.