PO NOW: Relient K - Air For Free

Preorder up: http://www.smlxlvinyl.com/products/relient-k-air-for-free-2lp-180-gram-white-vinyl-pre-sale-expected-ship-date-late-june-early-july-2016

Tracklist for vinyl is also different:

This 2LP will be done on 180 Gram White Vinyl and a download card for the full album will be included in the package.

The track listing was sequenced by Matthew Hoopes specifically for vinyl and is different than the digital version of the album.

"We spent quite a long time sequencing this album, and while I'm very happy with the digital sequence, I wanted the vinyl to be a bit of a different experience. Listening to a recording on vinyl is a special thing by its very nature, there is a certain reverence that comes with it. The songs are grouped in specific themes, so that each of the four sides can stand alone and also flow on their own. I know sometimes I forget to flip the record or don't have time to listen to an entire album in one sitting. I wanted each side to feel like a part of the journey that is "Air For Free" but also to be an experience in an of itself. Making this album has been quite a special journey for us and we thank you for coming along."-MH

dolZtqM.jpg

Vinyl Tracklisting

Side A

Local Construction

Bummin'

Marigold

Runnin'

Side B

Mrs. Hippopotamuses'

Cat

Elephant Parade

Man

Side C

Air For Free

God

Prodigal

Empty House

Side D

Mountaintop

Sleepin'

Flower

Heartache

I liked Look on Up. But in this instance I'm glad we are getting 16 songs and not a rehash of Look on Up. I'm glad Relient K are putting a lot of songs on this. I hope for a better cover though...

I'm not quite sure what to make of this...I guess if you're not a fan of beautiful photography, it'd make sense but I mean, really? Oof.  

I'm not quite sure what to make of this...I guess if you're not a fan of beautiful photography, it'd make sense but I mean, really? Oof.

Look, I didn't mean to offend you, you seem to take Relient K seriously, but why is it just "the Matt's?" Didn't the og drummer come back?

My point is I like album art, not just "beautiful photography"

Look, I didn't mean to offend you, you seem to take Relient K seriously, but why is it just "the Matt's?" Didn't the og drummer come back?

My point is I like album art, not just "beautiful photography"

You didn't offend me, I was just surprised someone wasn't a fan of the cover.  It's cool if you don't like it.  

I'm not sure the answer to your question except to say it appears that's what Relient K now is, with help from previous members touring and recording, but they appear to not be considered full-fledged members.  I wish it were different but it's their call, I guess.

Something is happening at midnight.. Maybe an official single drop? Let's hope. I also hope the preorder for the album isn't until a few weeks out. With RSD this Saturday, and dropping cash for a test press of Hot Hot Heat's new upcoming LP I'll be broke for awhile.. 

13015410_10154115941974805_8126427401695

and honestly, I'm not a fan of the artwork either; it's incredibly boring. Don't get me wrong, I love great photography, especially since my girlfriend is a photography major and I've honed my ability to appreciate fine work, but this artwork doesn't pop for me nor is it exciting. Considering this is probably their final record as a band, I was hoping for them to have something more unique and and signature. But as I write this, I now realize they have become more of a mellow rock band of the past few years so maybe this art is perfectly representative of how the album is going to sound, and what the band now sees themselves.. eh. 

and honestly, I'm not a fan of the artwork either; it's incredibly boring. Don't get me wrong, I love great photography, especially since my girlfriend is a photography major and I've honed my ability to appreciate fine work, but this artwork doesn't pop for me nor is it exciting. Considering this is probably their final record as a band, I was hoping for them to have something more unique and and signature. But as I write this, I now realize they have become more of a mellow rock band of the past few years so maybe this art is perfectly representative of how the album is going to sound, and what the band now sees themselves.. eh.

Where you getting the idea this is their final album?

Anyone collect Relient K vinyl?

Hold onto your butts!

I do and I'm soooooo broke right now.. haha I'm guessing you know something that's going to equally excite us and scare us. haha 

Where you getting the idea this is their final album?

with how long this record took to come about and with the lack of members (and the rotating door of members joining and leaving during this recording), it's hard to see them continuing past this record. I completely and honestly hope I'm wrong since I've loved this band for over 15 years, but this is just a feeling I get with them. 

I do and I'm soooooo broke right now.. haha I'm guessing you know something that's going to equally excite us and scare us. haha

with how long this record took to come about and with the lack of members (and the rotating door of members joining and leaving during this recording), it's hard to see them continuing past this record. I completely and honestly hope I'm wrong since I've loved this band for over 15 years, but this is just a feeling I get with them.

Nah, I don't know anything. Ignore me. :)

I understand your speculation but I disagree. Cheers!

I now realize they have become more of a mellow rock band of the past few years so maybe this art is perfectly representative

This is exactly how I feel and I hope I can be proven wrong. This "art" just seems so 'Top 40 Christian Contemporary'

And it's not just me commenting on the quality if songs, I see the same comments on Facebook.