PO Now: Cliff Martinez - The Neon Demon OST

the_neon_demon_poster.jpg

Nicolas Winding Refn returns this summer with horror flick The Neon Demon, starring Elle Fanning, Abbey Lee, Jena Malone, Bella Heathcote, Christina Hendricks and Keanu Reeves.

Refn has recruited Cliff Martinez again for the soundtrack. Out July 8th on Vinyl through Milan.

PREORDER

Blue and Green http://shop.artistarena.com/artists-1/milan-records/the-neon-demon-soundtrack-lp-instant-grat-bundle.html

Rose Transparent http://musique.fnac.com/a9721019/Cliff-Martinez-The-Neon-Demon-Inclus-MP3-Vinyle-rose-transparent-Vinyl-album

SIDE A

A1 Neon Demon
A2 Mine – Sweet Tempest
A3 The Demon Dance – Julian Winding
A4 What Are You?
A5 Don’t Forget Me When You’re Famous
A6 Gold Paint Shoot
A7 Take Off Your Shoes

SIDE B

B1 Ruby At The Morgue
B2 Jesse Sneaks Into Her Room
B3 Real Lolita Rides Again
B4 Messenger Walks Among Us
B5 Runway

SIDE C

C1 Take Her To Measurements
C2 Who Wants Sour Milk
C3 I Would Never Say You’re Fat
C4 Thank God You’re Awake Remix
C5 Kinky
C6 Ruby’s Close Up
C7 Lipstick Drawing

SIDE D

D1 Something’s In My Room
D2 Are We Having A Party
D3 Get Her Out Of Me
D4 Waving Goodbye – Sia

Edited by Kanellos

This combo of words has me diamond cutter-hard.

I think I've passed that stage after reading this:

"Composer Cliff Martinez recently stated that the film vibes with Mark Robson’s Valley of The Dolls and Tobe Hooper’s The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, with the music of Drive.

“I think Neon Demon had some similarities to Drive,” he says to Vice’s Thump, adding “it’s kind of a sparse electronic score.” Noting that the score “is almost all synthesizer,” he adds, “there’s a lot of places where the music is really pushed out more into the spotlight, even more than Drive. I think I got a bigger part in the film, it’s flattering.”

He continues: “We describe the first half as a melodrama like Valley of the Dolls, and the second half is like Texas Chain Saw Massacre. It doesn’t seem to be a traditional horror film to me, but horror is the genre that it’s closest to."

http://bloody-disgusting.com/images/3386770/elle-fanning-neon-demon-delivers-classic-horror-vibe/

I think I've passed that stage after reading this:

"Composer Cliff Martinez recently stated that the film vibes with Mark Robson’s Valley of The Dolls and Tobe Hooper’s The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, with the music of Drive.

“I think Neon Demon had some similarities to Drive,” he says to Vice’s Thump, adding “it’s kind of a sparse electronic score.” Noting that the score “is almost all synthesizer,” he adds, “there’s a lot of places where the music is really pushed out more into the spotlight, even more than Drive. I think I got a bigger part in the film, it’s flattering.”

He continues: “We describe the first half as a melodrama like Valley of the Dolls, and the second half is like Texas Chain Saw Massacre. It doesn’t seem to be a traditional horror film to me, but horror is the genre that it’s closest to."

http://bloody-disgusting.com/images/3386770/elle-fanning-neon-demon-delivers-classic-horror-vibe/

HOLY FUCK

I dont think that trailer was cut good. But im actually really excited for it. The soundtrack already sounds fantastic from that trailer. Cinematography looks excellent.

Getting some strong Neo-Noir feelings from this. Seems like its a modern re-visioning of something like the Black Dahlia Murder with the whole 'trying to break into Hollywood' thing.