Killers Hot Fuss Re Press 10th June 2016

I would be careful ordering directly from importCDs site. They are notorious for never responding to customer emails. There have been a couple of instances where I have pre-ordered from them, had my order updated as backordered on release day, and never issued a refund when requested. At least when you order from them on Amazon you can file a claim that they are required to respond to (I've filed 1 claim with them before on Amazon. They never responded and Amazon ended up refunding me my money.) If you do place an order with them, pay with PayPal. Then at least you are covered as a buyer.

Edited by dnl

Just now, Rottengoth said:

Can't find on Amazon 

Yeah the listing has been strange on there.

Amazon US had it spelled "Hot Fuzz" for a while. Then that listing vanished, came back, and vanished again. I saw some import copies listed here recently for $30-50: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00947DZZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yE4wxbPAQ616Q

I got mine Friday and there are some pictures of the labels etc. on Discogs now.

It's a completely different pressing from my UK or originals and definitely a different master, judging by the amount of Island logo's they took charge of this one, apart from the obvious like vinyl colour and Island branding it looks and feels a much nicer made package with the plus of having a printed inner with band photo's on it.

Sound wise I've only given it one listen so far but first impressions are that it's a nicer master than the original UK or US ones and getting close to as good as the 7" box set version, my only complaint would be that on side A there is very little run out so if you have any IGD problems I expect this LP will show it up.

6 hours ago, dbarila said:

I've wondered what your storage area looked like based on your Discogs.  I guess that's a little bit of it there.   I just assumed you had a warehouse. 

I've seen a lot worse than mine on the internet, really compared to some I see I'm just an amateur.

I have a room in the house which has my main hifi and most of my records in it, the overspill records are boxed up in a spare room but yes it is all packed in with military precision just so that it all fits. This system isn't my main system by the way it's some kit I have on test so it's temporarily sitting in front of some of my record racks.

Just to show off a little, another picture of some of my records is the entrance into the vault vinyl collection contest in the galleries on the Third Man Vault pages.

1 hour ago, allenh said:

I've seen a lot worse than mine on the internet, really compared to some I see I'm just an amateur.

I have a room in the house which has my main hifi and most of my records in it, the overspill records are boxed up in a spare room but yes it is all packed in with military precision just so that it all fits. This system isn't my main system by the way it's some kit I have on test so it's temporarily sitting in front of some of my record racks.

Just to show off a little, another picture of some of my records is the entrance into the vault vinyl collection contest in the galleries on the Third Man Vault pages.

It's a nice peek into the storage! Sadly I can't get a hifi room on the go at the minute so all are boxed and I'm in and out of boxes like a mad man.