PO 7/25: Balance and Composure Light We Made

Got a shipping confirmation and listened to the leak. It is very interesting at some points and a lot less heavy and more atmospheric. I like how they try something new on every track and I liked the experimental side of it, other than that I think it sounded like balance and composure. The leak is not great quality so I'm sure after I spin this a few times I'll like it a lot more.

1 hour ago, Codyoster said:

Got a shipping confirmation and listened to the leak. It is very interesting at some points and a lot less heavy and more atmospheric. I like how they try something new on every track and I liked the experimental side of it, other than that I think it sounded like balance and composure. The leak is not great quality so I'm sure after I spin this a few times I'll like it a lot more.

Sure am excited to listen to this! Gonna wait to listen to a proper version though. 

I should have just waited a couple days to get this in the mail but I couldn't help but listen to the leak, and it sounded fine to me. There are one or two tracks I'm not crazy about but otherwise I'm really pleased with how this came out. The last few tracks really did it for me.

It definitely still sounds like a Balance and Composure record, so I think people will end up liking this more than they thought they would based on the singles that were released. I thought it would be more of a grower but honestly I'm pretty into it after a couple listens.

11 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

If time will tell then how can it definitely be a grower?!? What are the winning lottery numbers?

I get to jam a lot at work so we shall see if it grows on me in time, I like to go back to albums a ton. This record feels like it was made in a week honestly though. Lyrics are meh, music is cool but gets boring real fast since it all sounds the same. One of the songs I remember thinking was total crap, for a walk i think it was called. 

19 hours ago, hyperg1ant said:

Just finished listening to the album and I think it's really good. But the only thing that is a bummer, is that they left this song out of the record:

But I can see why they have done that. The song doesn't fit in the record as a whole. I hope they release this in a 7" single or EP

Son of a bitch...fell in love with this song and it's not on the album?!

Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

Listened to the leak and really not feeling it. I knew it would be along these lines and I like their more down-tempo atmospheric tracks on the previous albums but this really doesn't hold my attention. Love this band so will give it a few more listens but at this stage I'm glad I didn't blind buy like I usually do.

4 hours ago, futures said:

My copy is out for delivery this morning. Record timing, too. Just 2 days from label printed in CA to my doorstep in NJ. It's amazing what can be accomplished when a package goes thru the LA facility rather than Bell Gardens lol.

lol i live in cali and its still at "shipping soon". 

Got mine today. I really dig it after a first listen. It's what I've been in the mood for lately. Lyrics and vocal melodies are improved in my opinion. Bailey is solid on drums as usual, although a few tracks sound like drum machines (I have no idea). Only downer is the guitar work. Not that they were ever brilliant, but this album lacks any character in that  department.