PO: The Verve - A Northern Soul 2LP

Little more bad news this morning, both albums have analogue 1/2" masters but they went digital for the vinyl pressings. I'm not saying at all that digitally-sourced vinyl automatically sounds bad, just mourning the potential for an AAA pressing.

Hmm, time to re-evaluate exactly what I want here, may just go for the ASIH set to get the DVD and get downloads for the ANS stuff. :(

Feel like for vinyl fans, a huge potential here is going by the wayside. I'm sure they'll still sound "good" but I was really hoping they'd knock them out of the park.

Edited by dobyblue

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Doby I think your hopes are continually way too high when it comes to all analog releases. 

It's moreso because when you do AAA, you're far less likely to have loudness wars mastering so it would pretty much take Chris Potter and Tony Cousins out of the equation.

If this was digitally remastered by Kevin Gray I'd be quite happy keeping my preorder.

If the results of doing it right weren't so damned good, I wouldn't care.

Edited by dobyblue

• 3 weeks later...
On July 7, 2016 at 2:45 PM, dobyblue said:

It's moreso because when you do AAA, you're far less likely to have loudness wars mastering so it would pretty much take Chris Potter and Tony Cousins out of the equation.

If this was digitally remastered by Kevin Gray I'd be quite happy keeping my preorder.

If the results of doing it right weren't so damned good, I wouldn't care.

I meant, you hope that more releases are all analog, when it's such a rarity now. I feel like you are continually set up for disappointment.