OUT NOW: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World 2xLP | Metal Blade

9 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Here I am...on a Friday night...agreeing with Gumbo haha.

Yeah if the song blew up aftet that very last drum fill instead of ending I would have lost my shit.

Ehhhhh. Like you said, you have to think about what may come after. The entire next song could just be a crusher.

28 minutes ago, Eclipsical said:

Where are all those people who were bitching about the cover?

Right here, friendo.

The photo on the cover is solid.  That was never an issue in my books.  It's tough to tell if the same cheesy brush textures are as present on the finished product (above) compared to what I initially saw, but at the very least it looks a lot better without the text being so apparent.  I was always under the impression that the text would be subtle or embossed – and it was nice to hear Charlie confirm that – but I still think it's an absolutely horrible font, and all-in-all a step down from the Red Forest and reissue / bundle art.

I made my critique pages back and haven't felt the need to beat a dead horse, but I didn't want you to assume I rolled over on my stance.  The total packaging looks very cohesive and well done but my gripes are still gripes.

Edited by Derek™

18 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Right here, friendo.

The photo on the cover is solid.  That was never an issue in my books.  It's tough to tell if the same cheesy brush textures are as present on the finished product (above) compared to what I initially saw, but at the very least it looks a lot better without the text being so apparent.  I was always under the impression that the text would be subtle or embossed – and it was nice to hear Charlie confirm that – but I still think it's an absolutely horrible font, and all-in-all a step down from the Red Forest and reissue / bundle art.

I made my critique pages back and haven't felt the need to beat a dead horse, but I didn't want you to assume I rolled over on my stance.  The total packaging looks very cohesive and well done but my gripes are still gripes.

Yeah, I'm with you.  This turned out looking much better.  That mock-up was terrible.  I'm glad for the vinyl, you can actually see the image unobscured.  That was my whole issue before, you have this glaring font that dominates the space and doesn't blend with the image at all.  

Very excited for this record; I hope the EU variants ship soon so I can get mine :D    

On 5/6/2016 at 4:40 AM, ExtraFox said:

Didn't notice you were looking for it. It's available at Amazon.co.uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bones-Dying-World-VINYL/dp/B01DD5N2BC/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1462523553&sr=1-1

Amazon price will be reduced by 20% due to the deduction of VAT for a non-EU customer. I'm assuming that the shipping cost will be about the same (perhaps a £ or 2 more) as that discount. So a guesstimate of the cost of buying it from Amazon is £27.50.

Buying it from EMP and having it sent on to you would cost you less than £1 less than that (based on the way I dealt with RSD stuff). Probably worthwhile getting it from Amazon as you are pretty bulletproof if something goes wrong. There's also the Amazon price guarantee if their price goes down.

Just to confirm: the EU black version has the mountain D-side etching, which is different than the US pressing featuring the downed plane??  If so I think I will snag one to have both etching variants, since I'm assuming the EU color variants will fetch a pretty penny.

4 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

Just to confirm: the EU black version has the mountain D-side etching, which is different than the US pressing featuring the downed plane??  If so I think I will snag one to have both etching variants, since I'm assuming the EU color variants will fetch a pretty penny.

Yeah, two different etchings for US and EU, plane and mountain. 

Also, the EU black is on 180g vinyl, US black seems to be standard gram, isn't it? @Thomas³

On May 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM, fizio59 said:

The original picture by Charlie Wagers used for the front cover, for me, is incredibly beautiful.

This color photo is so much better than the black and white one or whatever filter it is. The color is so beautiful and unique, what a photo! Ruined by the filter