10 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Started the dispute process with PayPal. Still never got a message back from the guy here even after I told him that I'd be filing a claim if he didn't at least tell me what's going on

Did you call it in or just file online?  Never done this process before so I am not sure what the best method is...

He hasn't responded to PayPal yet on my claim.  I have a hard time believing he actually sold all of the Vaults as you and I seem to be the only two posting about having bought from the guy.  Unless you bought 24 of them or so, lol.

i bought Vaults 18 and 20 also in case that helps.

Good luck with PayPal today!  I am sure I will have to be talking to them soon enough...

3 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

He hasn't responded to PayPal yet on my claim.  I have a hard time believing he actually sold all of the Vaults as you and I seem to be the only two posting about having bought from the guy.  Unless you bought 24 of them or so, lol.

i bought Vaults 18 and 20 also in case that helps.

Good luck with PayPal today!  I am sure I will have to be talking to them soon enough...

I bought 1, 4, 8, and some Inchophone stuff. Guess we were the only ones dumb enough to bite.

2 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Lol, I guess so.  I imagine PayPal will get this sorted out in our favor but we will just have to wait.  This is definitely the last time I give the benefit of the doubt to a new seller on here.

Yup. I'll do some detective work and see if I can find any of this guy's other accounts or possible other scams because I know I saw a near identical listing that was a scam from a new user six months ago for the Pumpkins one.

I asked him about 5 or 6 vault packages and he said all but one was sold.  Asked a follow up question before buying that one he had left, but he never responded.  

I would think if this is a straight up scam he would have sold as much to each of us as he could...but I could be wrong.

Will gladly see how this shifts out before I buy the one he offered me.

3 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I asked him about 5 or 6 vault packages and he said all but one was sold.  Asked a follow up question before buying that one he had left, but he never responded.  

I would think if this is a straight up scam he would have sold as much to each of us as he could...but I could be wrong.

No clue. Seems too damn off to me but if it does magically turn up I'll for sure be making a thorough apology. We're just approaching two weeks and no working tracking, communication, or sight of the package. He added tracking to PayPal and it's not a real number in the system and that was just yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

What packages? We should all list numbers/items to see if that creates any incriminating evidence. 

I "bought" #2 from him and just started the dispute process...ugh

And like stl_ben said, I asked him about 1, 4, and 8 and he told me those were already gone, so I figured it was legit because I figured he would have "sold" them all to me if it was a scam. These are dark times we're living in.

5 hours ago, switch5150 said:

I "bought" #2 from him and just started the dispute process...ugh

And like stl_ben said, I asked him about 1, 4, and 8 and he told me those were already gone, so I figured it was legit because I figured he would have "sold" them all to me if it was a scam. These are dark times we're living in.

I suppose if I were running a scam I'd do it that way too to avoid creating more evidence against myself, not that I ever would, but you know what I mean. He did seem to have almost anything I asked about. Ended up "getting" the inchophone stuff from him too.

So how many total disputes do we have now? 

Just got off the phone with paypal.

Apparently I received my "item" but it wasn't the right thing. He mailed me a box with a signed Korn book in it that had no return address on it so I didn't realize it until he provided the tracking number to PayPal in an effort to shut down my case and then I knew it was the book. At least one mystery was solved. PayPal told me that they'll get it sorted out for me so I should be good. I also mentioned there were other cases against the guy too so this should theoretically help us all out.

34 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Apparently I received my "item" but it wasn't the right thing. He mailed me a box with a signed Korn book in it that had no return address on it so I didn't realize it until he provided the tracking number to PayPal in an effort to shut down my case and then I knew it was the book. At least one mystery was solved. PayPal told me that they'll get it sorted out for me so I should be good. I also mentioned there were other cases against the guy too so this should theoretically help us all out.

What did they actually say when you told them "Yeah, I bought this Jack White record, and this knuckle-dragger sent me a book by the band Korn instead..."

(Silence.)

This is like the record version of all those Chinese knock off hard drives (and other electronics) that are just filled with scrap metal to make the weight the same as a legit one.

3 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Good luck man!  Hopefully Paypal will quickly rule in your favor on this.

Its been a while since I filed a case. Can you provide pictures when you do it? Like, could you send a pic of the tracking number and the item in the box to show what was sent and then a pic of the dialogue between you too? I just wonder how PayPal "sorts this out". The biggest thing you have going is multiple people having the same issue at the same time obviously. But, if this happened by a good standing PayPal seller on a high dollar item, I wonder how they would handle it. Seems like a very clever attempt...

2 hours ago, Nkjordan23 said:

Its been a while since I filed a case. Can you provide pictures when you do it? Like, could you send a pic of the tracking number and the item in the box to show what was sent and then a pic of the dialogue between you too? I just wonder how PayPal "sorts this out". The biggest thing you have going is multiple people having the same issue at the same time obviously. But, if this happened by a good standing PayPal seller on a high dollar item, I wonder how they would handle it. Seems like a very clever attempt...

I told them if they weren't going to work with me I'd file a chargeback through my bank. I've never filed a dispute before and have a long standing account. They said they put my case in and if he doesn't respond in 10 days I win automatically. If he does reply back I provide evidence.