PO: Sophia - As We Make Our Way (Unknown Harbours)

I am sure no-one here will care about this but this is one of my favourite bands. First new album in 7 years. Adam from Swervedriver used to be in the band (it's a collective around one guy so people come in and move on all the time).

http://sophia.bandcamp.com/album/as-we-make-our-way-unknown-harbours

There's a limited orange vinyl pressing that has sold out in most places but I know where there are a few left as of posting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

No need to create a new thread...and only maybe five of us in VC care about this band.

As We Make Our Way (The Live Recordings)

a4185282215_16.jpg

TRIPLE vinyl release on CLEAR vinyl packaged in a gorgeously heavy reverse-back board with the original anchor from "As We Make Our Way" die-cut from the outer LP sleeve revealing three differently coloured (also reverse-back board) inner-sleeves.

• This initial pressing of 1000 albums (3LP) will be INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED.

NOTE: Only 250 will be available via mail-order with the remainder being available for purchase on tour.

https://sophia.bandcamp.com/album/as-we-make-our-way-the-live-recordings

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This just got posted on their FB page. I can't wait to finally own these.

"VINYL: Hello everyone! I know you haven’t heard from me in a while and I'm sorry but so much news, so so much news, and I promise to let you all know very soon (keep an eye on your inbox) but right now I have a huge favour to ask for, ah, uhm, friend… Does anybody out there have mint (or near mint) copies of Fixed Water and/or The Infinite Circle on VINYL? You know just in case my “friend” wanted to maybe reference the original sleeves for, I don’t know, say, colour-correctness? Please send us a DM if you do, OK? Big hug!"

Available now. Only 250 available for preorder.

https://sophia.bandcamp.com/album/the-infinite-circle

https://sophia.bandcamp.com/album/fixed-water

"You’ve been asking and asking and asking… and asking and asking and asking… and after being out-of-print for nearly 20 years your wish has become my command.

Fixed Water and The Infinite Circle vinyl LP reissues.

And needless to say I think they still sound as sad today (if not, somehow, given the life in between, even more sad…) as they did the very days they were written. Infinite circles indeed.

The vinyl lacquers are being re-cut from original EQ’d production “master” and the artwork is being recreated as closely to the originals possible. We’re (or trying to use) the original artwork files but the fact that some of the original artwork and digital files have either been lost or somehow become unusable/corrupt (old software dies too, you know?) isn’t making it the easiest job (heck they don’t even use the same type of paper stock anymore!) but I think you know me by now and we’re trying our very best to get it as close as possible for you all.

Another note: I’ve decided that these initial runs, like the live-album, will also be in hand-numbered editions of 1000. You guys seemed to have really liked the exclusivity of the live-album and it’s something I really like doing as well. There’s just something really nice about being on tour and seeing the different numbers (when people bring the vinyl to concerts for signings etc) and how they've ended up in different parts of the world.

A couple things to note:

• This reissue pressing will also be a hand-numbered limited edition of 1000

• Only 250 will be available for pre-order

• Shipping will be “tracked and signed” via UPS and DHL

ONLY ONE OF EACH REISSUE PER ORDER. No exceptions, sorry. But yes that does mean you can purchase one Fixed Water and one Infinite Circle per order."

• 8 months later...