PO - Descendents - Hypercaffium Spazzinate (July 29th)

7 hours ago, throck said:

Had to jump on and say thanks for the heads up, I subscribed to this thread just in the hopes someone would send an alert that it was back up.  I was able to grab one last night thanks to hookedonsonics.

my pleasure! glad you were able to get it!

6 hours ago, endlessslog said:

so i guess hooked on sonics worked for you

zing!

Edited by hookedonsonics

• 3 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, snowynz said:

url]Must be due for another song by now? Any more out there yet?

Just saw a pic of the silver/black variant and couldn't resist - Its just too damn good looking

Have a look here: 

http://basick.supplies/collections/descendents-hypercaffium-spazzinate-pre-orders/products/descendents-hypercaffium-spazzinate-ltd-edition-180g-vinyl-lp-both-variants?variant=18626767301

Buy it here (cheap int. post):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Descendents-Hypercaffium-Spazzinate-Limited-Silver-Black-NEW-12-VINYL-LP-/391500964430?hash=item5b2746a24e

Grabbed a silver/black, thanks!

This reminds me a ton of One More Day. Not horrible, but also not great. Definitely wish it was faster. Still looking forward to hearing the full record later this month. Wondering which of my six copies* will show up first.

*Yes, I know, it's ridiculous, but I have a damn near complete Descendents collection and I'm not going to stop now.

Everyone's voice changes over the years and so will the sound of a singers voice. Milo is a 50 year old man now and I'm sure he sounds different then from the 80's and 90's. Plus he even mentioned in a recent article that he enjoyed going into the studio and blowing his vocal chords out everyday while recording. Sounds to me like he was trying. Bottom line.... Long time fan, love the new tunes.

Not a long time fan to say the least. Actually enjoyed Cool To Be You unlike many diehard fans I'd talked to. That said, I really liked this as well. 'Smile' was easily my favorite track especially knowing the meaning behind it. Excited to get my pre-order in from my local shop soon. 

1 hour ago, dynamitekid said:

Gave it a listen. Really wanted to like it more than I did. It just didn't click with me. It didn't help that NPRs player had some weird audio thing where the volume would change randomly

I noticed this too! I kept hearing little skips and huge volume increases at the ends of songs (when they were supposed to be fading out). Definitely not the best first impression, quality-wise.