PO Soon: Periphery III: Select Difficulty

5 hours ago, Spirit Level said:

Thanks.

I currently own the first Sumerian pressing and I think it sounds pretty average, was considering grabbing a 180g copy form century but if it doesn't sound better theres no point :)

Just need a ******* repress of P1 now :rolleyes:

Repress is coming later this year according to Misha.

2 hours ago, jayeshrc said:

seems like impericon has more blue vinyl lps again.. not sure how since it was 200 worldwide and they sold out

Cheers for the info! I manage to grab one now. I guess someone cancelled their order, or maybe they'll receive more variants than expected. Who knows. The approx 200 copies worldwide could still be the case. Impericon is the only place that's selling them right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

Got my blue copy on Monday. Spun half of it as I've been pretty busy lately, should get to sit down with the whole thing today. What I did hear sounded great. 

My copy was missing the CD though, so I've emailed Impericon who are sorting it for me. 

Pics? ;)

I cancelled my preorder as the singles by themselves sounded unoriginal. However, after listening to the album, it all flows really well. A couple of the songs feel a bit drawn out. I'm on the fence about how I feel about this, as P2 did nothing for me, but I really enjoyed A/O, and this falls somewhere in between. Will have to give it a few more listens.

2 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

I cancelled my preorder as the singles by themselves sounded unoriginal. However, after listening to the album, it all flows really well. A couple of the songs feel a bit drawn out. I'm on the fence about how I feel about this, as P2 did nothing for me, but I really enjoyed A/O, and this falls somewhere in between. Will have to give it a few more listens.

For me, the album is really solid. Not quite as good as Alpha/Omega, but really up there. Only song I have a really difficult time with is Catch Fire as it's just boring musically and sounds like it's just a "for Spencer to sing" song. It doesn't have any riffs really and just kind of plods along with sound affects. The chorus is pop catchy which is cool I guess, but overall, it feels kind of out of place for me. But the album is great!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like there's a new variant up: 

SRC: Split Blue/Clear

https://www.srcvinyl.com/periphery-periphery-iii-select-difficulty-2xlp.html?mc_cid=330107cc9a&mc_eid=87363d38db

Amazon: No colour listed, but same release date. Wonder if it's the same colour pressing, if it is I would grab it off amazon because their shipping rate is better

https://www.amazon.com/Periphery-III-Select-Difficulty/dp/B01M16SYI3/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=