Don't care for this band whatsoever but LOL at them signing to Roadrunner and leaving Deathwish.

That's like leaving your hot, perfect girlfriend for her ugly, uninterested older sister who's the joke in your town. 

...except that ugly, uninterested older sister has really deep pockets. 

"Yeah...let's sign with the label that signed & released Nickelback albums!"

"Yeah...let's sign with the label that signed & released Nickelback albums!  And will also be able to properly promote us, give us worldwide distribution, tour support and more resources to spend more time making our records!"

I don't know why anyone is surprised or upset at this.  Road Runner is Warner which is Atlantic.  I'm from PA and have seen this band countless times, I think it's cool they did this.

I can't believe this band would want to sign with a bigger label and try to get paid for the music they create and hard work they put in. What a bunch of assholes!

Also, Gojira is on Roadrunner, but it seems like everyone has forgotten about that in this thread.

hey chill dude no one is shitting on the band rather the label cus of some of its ridiculous acts

I just looked at their roster and it's definitely a who's who of shitty radio hard rock.

Yes, I did too, and man, how things have changed.  I miss the Roadrunner of the 80's and 90's.  Those were some good times.  Regardless, I would assume it's a better deal than Deathwish.  Seems like quite a few bands do a one and done with Deathwish.  Such a shame.

They did a "two and through" though.

I Know Jacob B. mentioned how once i band gets too big its in their best interest to seek a label that can fit the needs. I guarantee you it has nothing to do with bad blood or anything, Roadrunner probably has wider distribution and promotional pockets. Deafheaven was another band that got big and had outgrown Deathwish. Code Orange was or is on tour with Deftones, thats a pretty big billing.