On 10/29/2016 at 4:39 PM, Derek™ said:

It's less about God-tier tastes and more about moving on past the trash that angsty high-schoolers listen to.  Really not that difficult to grasp.

[edit]

I should clarify that my comment pertained to Asking Alexandria and BMTH, in case there was any confusion there.  While I couldn't get into I Am King or ever take a few parts of it seriously, I still have a copy of their debut that I don't plan on parting with anytime soon.

Word, I thought you were calling Code Orange garbage. I pretty much agree on AA and BMTH, although BMTH is a guilty pleasure of mine. Oli is my age and I can't say I would've done anything better if I'd been shoved into the spotlight at 16 like he was. And the dude knows how to make money. 

I need to give I Am King another listen. I'm not too familiar with anything they did before they dropped the Kids part of their name, so I need to brush up. 

38 minutes ago, parkinglot said:

Uhhhhhhh.  That's...disgusting?

Oh fuck off, karma cop. Teenagers do stupid shit, especially ones who are on tour and supplied with all the booze and drugs they can handle. I'm sure you like NOFX, right? Heard about the Cokie the Clown performance? Literally everything about that was fucking disgusting. 

15 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Oh fuck off, karma cop. Teenagers do stupid shit, especially ones who are on tour and supplied with all the booze and drugs they can handle. I'm sure you like NOFX, right? Heard about the Cokie the Clown performance? Literally everything about that was fucking disgusting. 

You mean the pee as tequilla thing? You know that was bullshit right?

9 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

You're comparing someone dressed up as a clown giving an arguably offensive performance on a stage, to someone hitting a girl in the face with a bottle of liquor. 

Edited by runforcover

21 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

The most offensive thing about this is assuming someone likes NOFX. Fat Mike is a scumbag but his whole "thing" as the clown is him being like "I'm a scumbag and I did all these scumbag things"

It's like SUPER easy not to assault someone though.

36 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The most offensive thing about this is assuming someone likes NOFX. Fat Mike is a scumbag but his whole "thing" as the clown is him being like "I'm a scumbag and I did all these scumbag things"

It's like SUPER easy not to assault someone though.

You're right, it is easy not to assault someone.

Jesus Christ, NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF VC HAS EVER GOTTEN SHITBAG DRUNK AND DONE SOMETHING SHITTY? I get it, you all are on such a moral high ground that your feces smells like fucking spearmint and of course you're fuckin' straight edge because duh, you can't be a decent human and enjoy anything that could possibly lighten your attitude a little. VC gods, I sacrifice my life to thee. Please wipe my sins away with those T&N inserts that were sent to heaven instead of customers. 

46 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

You're right, it is easy not to assault someone.

Jesus Christ, NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF VC HAS EVER GOTTEN SHITBAG DRUNK AND DONE SOMETHING SHITTY? I get it, you all are on such a moral high ground that your feces smells like fucking spearmint and of course you're fuckin' straight edge because duh, you can't be a decent human and enjoy anything that could possibly lighten your attitude a little. VC gods, I sacrifice my life to thee. Please wipe my sins away with those T&N inserts that were sent to heaven instead of customers. 

It was just a weird comparison. I'm not even saying you're not allowed to like BMTH.  It's just shitty to excuse assault.

For the record, I'm a known fan of drugs, alcohol, and shitty behavior/decisions.

3 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

because duh, you can't be a decent human and enjoy anything that could possibly lighten your attitude a little

This is especially ironic coming from you since you seem to be consistently on tilt more than anyone else on the boards.  At least as of late.  Every other thread I frequent seems to feature you lashing out or otherwise showcasing how laughably butthurt you become.

If drugs and booze personally lighten your attitude, that's cool.  You should be hitting them a lot harder, though, because there seems to be a proverbial stick up your ass on a daily basis.  One of monster proportions, actually, and I really doubt I'm the only VC user who feels that way.