Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

Big big fan of Blink-182 through the self-titled album....actually enjoyed it when it came out....haven't enjoyed any of it since then.

Love Alkaline Trio up through Crimson....haven't enjoyed anything Skiba has done with alk3 or side-projects since then..

I legitimately think this is horrible. I don't want to ever hear a 44 year old writing new music talking about 17 year olds....I think the timber of their voices are too close as far as range for the back and forth to really work. I don't like that Skiba tried to get a "Tom" style guitar tone. I honestly wished they would have just thrown in the towel. Let Tom do his Angels and Airwaves shit that I also can't stand and Mark and Travis can reignite +44 (which I also didn't care for) and leave Skiba alone to do his thing.

I understand a lot of this is probably because I'm "old", but this is a really superbly recorded atrocity of a song

Big big fan of Blink-182 through the self-titled album....actually enjoyed it when it came out....haven't enjoyed any of it since then.

Love Alkaline Trio up through Crimson....haven't enjoyed anything Skiba has done with alk3 or side-projects since then..

I legitimately think this is horrible. I don't want to ever hear a 44 year old writing new music talking about 17 year olds....I think the timber of their voices are too close as far as range for the back and forth to really work. I don't like that Skiba tried to get a "Tom" style guitar tone. I honestly wished they would have just thrown in the towel. Let Tom do his Angels and Airwaves shit that I also can't stand and Mark and Travis can reignite +44 (which I also didn't care for) and leave Skiba alone to do his thing.

I understand a lot of this is probably because I'm "old", but this is a really superbly recorded atrocity of a song

Could you say he's a +44 year old? *ba dum tiss* ..I'll see myself out

the new track is actually really hard for me to tell the difference between mark and skiba's voice. not nearly as contrasting as tom and marks.  i expected skiba to try and play the part and sound more like tom. and yes, it is weird hearing a 40+ year old sing about being 17. tom still does it too haha

does anyone else think that the "ooh oohs" in the chorus and the outros sound oddly like Angels? 

I was thinking the "ooohs" in the chorus sounded identical to the backing vocals of Adam's Song, and whatever that keyboard/synth/organ/something sound is sounds exactly like whatever fades out at the end of Adam's Song and into All The Small Things. A few things almost sound like a nod to Jerry Finn, I have really high hopes now that I've heard this song. 

THIS x 1000000000000

I thought the new song was great. Regarding the difference in vocals, Mark is doing the bulk of the vocals in the track; whereas Skiba is merely harmonizing in the chorus, which I could pick out. About the grown ups writing about being 17, I don't have any issue with this. I'm 32 and I still occasionally throw in a line about adolescence into a song here and there. It's a really important coming of age time in life and it's easy to look back at how easy things were then versus being a grown ass man. I'm pretty stoked on a new Blink record.

I never order bundles but I just bought that signed drumhead/hoodie bundle. $90ppd for all that isn't too bad.

Neither do I, but I think I may be in the same boat as you. IF they're still available, though... I ain't got that kind of cash right now.

At least it looks like the standard pressing is going to be on purple, as it's not stated anywhere that it's limited.