Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

1 minute ago, Bhemblem said:

My record store was giving away two free tickets to their show with a purchase of the LP (while supplies last). I took an early lunch and went to grab it. It's the black variant, but I could care less, I'll take an LP and two tickets for $22 any day!

Where is this? seeing the guys at a small record store show would be awesome

9 minutes ago, zacooper said:

already got shipping conf from hot topic for my order last night. pretty sure that's the fastest i've ever had shipping from them before. Hell, shipping conf within a week of order would have been the fastest. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up it'll be like this going forward though.

Damn thats quick for them, yeah usually takes atleast two or three  whole days for them just to ship a vinyl whenever I've ordered from there. And the fact they only offer UPS shipping is ridiculous, $5 for basic shipping speed and $17 for priority, bit if they offered USPS like every other site they could offer media mail for $4 and priority for $7. Sucks were forced to go with slow-ass basic ground shipping

24 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

But technically vinyl and record are the same thing and vinyl is both singular and plural. So is it improper use to say "a vinyl" or does it just look/sound fucking stupid?

Pretty sure it's just as proper as calling an mp3 file a "digital"

I mean, how proper that is is up for debate, but (you're right) it sounds clumsy.

I like it. I think it will take a couple more listens. I was blown away by Cynical. 

The overall sound is definitely try to hit back towards their roots again. I totally feel the "Enema of the State" vibe that the band talked about bringing back. Pop punk really. My favorite album is Untitled, which is such a departure from that happy-poppy-punky, so this album is harder to click with me on the first go around.

Favorites so far:

-Cynical

-Bored to Death

-Los Angeles

-San Diego

I think this album could have been 12 songs. On one hand, I truly love that I have 17 new blink songs to listen to (including the B-side "Hey I'm Sorry"), and on the other hand it makes me feel like it's too long. I also really wanted to like this album. Bored to Death set such a huge precedent for me. It's truly a top-10 (maybe top-5) blink song for me. Cynical comes barging into your face and then the second half of the album kinda falls flatter.

I've only heard it one time through. Can't wait to hear it more times through.

58 minutes ago, ryantark said:

My purple sounds fine. What are the critiques?

My experience: Flat, quiet, dynamics are fine. I remember 1-2 songs on the second side sounding somewhat muddy, but I haven't listened to the digital files yet to know if that is a mix/production decision. 

Not me, but someone on the forum said the quality just wasn't there on the album. 

I'll have to listen to mine still.

8 minutes ago, jimthehuman said:

My purple sounds pretty shitty. After listening to mp3 version over the last couple of days I can notice a very destinct difference. Could be the fact that they chose to squeeze 16 songs onto 1 LP

But the run time is 42 mins. I honestly just think it was the pressing. I've only heard complaints from the purple variant. Another person commented saying the black was fine.