Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

2 hours ago, curator said:

Spinning my purple copy right now.. sounds good!

Good to hear! I still have yet to listen to mine.

Also, does anyone have a download for "Hey I'm Sorry"? Looking for a CD 320kbps rip, not Youtube. I would buy it as a separate song, but can't find anywhere for it.

So instead of listing my favorite songs after my 5th listen, I will list 3 songs I think could've been dropped:

Teenage Satellites

She's Out of Her Mind

California

Just pretty forgettable in my mind.

EDIT: What's sad though is that I would take those 3 songs over most of Neighborhoods and DED.

Edited by [Banned User]

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Sorry for the double post, but what do you think the next radio single should be?

I'm stuck between San Diego and Kings of the Weekend

You know damn well it's going to be that terrible Los Angeles song. It'll somehow be incorporated with the new Transformers movie.

I'm reading reports of ads for the album hyping Bored To Death and She's Out Of Her Mind so that might be the next single.

My top 5:
Cynical
Bored To Death
Kings Of The Weekend
Rabbit Hole
She's Out Of Her Mind

Sober's the weakest in my opinion, mostly because the chorus seems a little too cheesy/hackneyed. It's also hard for me to picture Mark so fucked up he would need to sober up to do anything. Sounds like more of a Tom thing, honestly.

I don't like this album but at least it's more interesting than the last few LPs.  There are a few moments where it sounds like they are ready to go full fast-pace classic Blink but then some studio effects come in and kill the mood or Travis starts doing his skittering drum thing and I remember that this isn't 1999 anymore.  I don't remember the last few ones having any fleeting good moments to kill.  Also, I legitimately expected to hear a techno beat drop in during some of Mark's vocal melodies over sparse instrumentation.  Something very AVICI/techno-folk-radio-pop sounding about some of the melodies.

Listened to this a few more times and love it!  My favorites are Bored To Death (duh), Sober, Rabbit Hole.. Left Alone and San Diego are really catchy, solid songs that have been on repeat.  I'm all for Matt being in the band too, but I wonder what it's like from the perspective of someone who doesn't listen to Alkaline Trio?!!  Hope the kids do some homework and listen to From Here To Infirmary (my personal favorite).

10 hours ago, curator said:

Listened to this a few more times and love it!  My favorites are Bored To Death (duh), Sober, Rabbit Hole.. Left Alone and San Diego are really catchy, solid songs that have been on repeat.  I'm all for Matt being in the band too, but I wonder what it's like from the perspective of someone who doesn't listen to Alkaline Trio?!!  Hope the kids do some homework and listen to From Here To Infirmary (my personal favorite).

Move never once listened to Alk Trio in my entire life. So it was definitely an interesting process throughout initially bringing him on board. 

34 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Move never once listened to Alk Trio in my entire life. So it was definitely an interesting process throughout initially bringing him on board. 

AK3 are the best Midwest punk band in my opinion. The lyrics on From Here to Infirmary all the way through Crimson are fucking great. 

On 7/2/2016 at 6:29 PM, throughbeingcruel said:
8 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

AK3 are the best Midwest punk band in my opinion. The lyrics on From Here to Infirmary all the way through Crimson are fucking great. 

Funny how this is gonna turn into an alkaline trio thread,  however my favorite trio albums ( lyrics and all )  are Goddamnit and Good Mourning,  but back to blink I can see teenage satellites being the next single.  Just my opinion.  

Edited by LL COOL DREW