Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Please note this is a personal opinion. I really wanted to like this album. Like, really really wanted to like it, but I just can't get into it. It sounds like a bad side project imo. Blink has officially derailed for me.

im with you. ive definitely given in a few listens and a few of the songs, i do like. its just so over produced and simple songwriting littered with woah oh ohs.

but realistically, plus44 was mark travis and 2 other members. this is "blink" but mark, travis, skiba and feldman.. i would also consider this a side project before i considered it blink.

side note: did anyone realize that when you download this album it is "blink 182" not "blink-182" so its not even categorized with all the previous music lol.

33 minutes ago, CVHX said:

im with you. ive definitely given in a few listens and a few of the songs, i do like. its just so over produced and simple songwriting littered with woah oh ohs.

but realistically, plus44 was mark travis and 2 other members. this is "blink" but mark, travis, skiba and feldman.. i would also consider this a side project before i considered it blink.

side note: did anyone realize that when you download this album it is "blink 182" not "blink-182" so its not even categorized with all the previous music lol.

You should be able to edit that info to match. 

3 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Please note this is a personal opinion. I really wanted to like this album. Like, really really wanted to like it, but I just can't get into it. It sounds like a bad side project imo. Blink has officially derailed for me.

I thought Neighborhoods was the derailer. In fact, I probably wouldn't even have listened to this album had they not swapped Tom with Matt and went this direction. I'm confident that if they did another album with the original three it would've been as bad (if not worse) than Neighborhoods. 

3 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I thought Neighborhoods was the derailer. In fact, I probably wouldn't even have listened to this album had they not swapped Tom with Matt and went this direction. I'm confident that if they did another album with the original three it would've been as bad (if not worse) than Neighborhoods. 

This I agree with. I haven't listened to Neighborhoods in a while, and when it came out I think I had a bad case of fan boy bias going on. It has been the one I haven't bought though, as I know I would never listen to it. Totally though, if Tom was still there, I couldn't imagine the output to come from it

So this was the response I got from HT about damage from shipping (split seams and corner bends) for the splatter: "We apologize but we are not responsible for jacket damage, as we do not sell jackets. We are responsible for the Vynil LP we sell inside the Jacket." Never had a problem with split seams when they allowed ship to store...

2 minutes ago, aellerton said:

So this was the response I got from HT about damage from shipping (split seams and corner bends) for the splatter: "We apologize but we are not responsible for jacket damage, as we do not sell jackets. We are responsible for the Vynil LP we sell inside the Jacket." Never had a problem with split seams when they allowed ship to store...

Even though its clearly their fault. Well at that point I would just lie and tell them the vinyl itself was damaged, then they'd have to send a new one or refund. Nobody should be forced to stick with a ripped sleeve when they charged almost $30 bucks for it.

Jacket and sleeve seam rips happen ALL the time. I buy a lot of vinyl as most of you do, and it happens to me all the time. It's just one of those things you deal with when buying records. It's just something that happening in transit sometimes whether or not he record is packed properly. At HT we get in huge shipments of records directly from the plants and even those sometimes show up with jacket splits. 

When you order direct from the label they can sometimes replace the jacket if needed as they usually end up with extras. Retailers just get full finished goods, there are no extra jackets to send out. Sorry guys. 

4 minutes ago, travis said:

Jacket and sleeve seam rips happen ALL the time. I buy a lot of vinyl as most of you do, and it happens to me all the time. It's just one of those things you deal with when buying records. It's just something that happening in transit sometimes whether or not he record is packed properly. At HT we get in huge shipments of records directly from the plants and even those sometimes show up with jacket splits. 

When you order direct from the label they can sometimes replace the jacket if needed as they usually end up with extras. Retailers just get full finished goods, there are no extra jackets to send out. Sorry guys. 

I know splits are common and understand that HT doesn't operate exactly the same as labels, but isn't the jacket a part of the product? How can they only be responsible for the actual disc, yet not the jacket, when 9 times out of 10 they are saran wrapped together? If I can't order just the physical disc, then why aren't they responsible for both?

Also, just out of curiosity, why does vinyl no longer qualifies for ship to store? Previously, I'd been able to ship to a store that has never carried vinyl and received my records in individual mailers, so far without any damage. However, now that no stores carry vinyl, I can't ship to the store, have to cough up another $6-8 for shipping (+tax), and receive an inferior product in the end...

55 minutes ago, travis said:

It's just something that happening in transit sometimes whether or not he record is packed properly.

That's somewhat true, but the packaging DOES matter.  I always pack records TIGHT with as many filler pads as I can cram in there, that definitely makes seam splits less likelt to happen than if I were to just throw the thing in a bubble envelope for example.  You're right there's no foolproof method short of opening it and shipping the LP outside of the cover (which I believe Earache actually has an option for on their site), but the packaging very much effects the likelihood of it happening.

5 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

For those wondering about the basses/tickets giveaway, I emailed Kings Road and this was their response:

"The winners will be announced through the bands management. We have yet to receive word from them about the winners.

Regards,
KRM"

I wonder if they'll get the VIP packages out before the tour ends

On 9 July 2016 at 10:45 AM, raynerho said:

Trying to get a copy on HT, but for some reason, my card doesnt work. Did some research and apparently this happened after HT updated their site last year. Can anyone help me grab a copy + some other records? Can do paypal! I'm afraid it will sell out before I sort it out with HT.

Also have a US address for you to ship to, so you can just key in that while making payment.

Thanks in advance!

Trying again to see if anyone would help out! In the midst of trying to get a letter from the bank to email to HT. Paypal ready as usual!