Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

14 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm in the minority I guess, cuz I straight skip Los Angeles. Song is awful. 

Same. But, I'll admit that more recently I'm starting to not hate it as much. The wife is constantly walking around singing the chorus, then it gets stuck in my head, then I gotta listen to it. And so that's led to a few more listens, which has led to it growin on me. 

29 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Same. But, I'll admit that more recently I'm starting to not hate it as much. The wife is constantly walking around singing the chorus, then it gets stuck in my head, then I gotta listen to it. And so that's led to a few more listens, which has led to it growin on me. 

I actually liked it more when I first heard it haha. But on repeat listens, I've started to dislike it a lot. Left Alone was my instant favorite. That fucking chorus, dude. Especially the part where there's bare instrumentation behind the "Left alone, we're only halfway home" and then everything comes in full blast. Fucking love it. 

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Album is still holding up well with me. Hasn't quite hit the shuffle rotation. I still have to listen to the whole thing in full or shuffled. Haven't really picked out individual songs. 

Same here. Been listening to it pretty much non stop since it came out. Really loving the entire album. 

18 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I actually liked it more when I first heard it haha. But on repeat listens, I've started to dislike it a lot. Left Alone was my instant favorite. That fucking chorus, dude. Especially the part where there's bare instrumentation behind the "Left alone, we're only halfway home" and then everything comes in full blast. Fucking love it. 

Lol I hear ya man. What's crazy is I was just tellin someone how I thought Left Alone was my favorite track. There's just something about that chorus that hooks me every time. Cant wait to see them live Thursday in OKC. Hoping they have a poster for the show like the others. 

33 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It's crazy how similar in structure Left Alone and Bored to Death are. Even that part you just mentioned about bare and then full blast is in Bored to Death. "Save your breath, I'm nearly bored to death" and then kicks in. Prechorus to both are amazing: LeftAlone: Are we halfway gone, or halfway there; BoredToDeath: I'm not coming home!

22 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

It's crazy how similar in structure Left Alone and Bored to Death are. Even that part you just mentioned about bare and then full blast is in Bored to Death. "Save your breath, I'm nearly bored to death" and then kicks in. Prechorus to both are amazing: LeftAlone: Are we halfway gone, or halfway there; BoredToDeath: I'm not coming home!

This. 

Also wanted to express my freakin love of Travis' parts on the record. The man hasn't lost it one bit. And as a drummer I think I base a lot of my opinion on the drum parts and how sweet they are. No Future intro / Cynical intro (including the mistake) = Travis jus being Travis, loved every moment. Seems like every time a favorite band of mine changes drummers or loses a long time drummer, I can always tell. And more often than not those albums always seem to flop to me. 

One exception? Freakin ETID. Daniel seems to be KILLIN it on the new tracks from Low Teens. 

not California related.. but I found an og copy of the Blink/Swindle 7" split on Discogs, went to spin it today and it had the songs from 'They Came To Conquer Uranus' on it.  I guess the same thing happened to TCTCU as well.  Anyone else have either or these?  There was another cheap copy which I grabbed because I really want to hear that early version of 'Lemming' plus the Swindle tracks.

On 7/29/2016 at 7:49 PM, curator said:

not California related.. but I found an og copy of the Blink/Swindle 7" split on Discogs, went to spin it today and it had the songs from 'They Came To Conquer Uranus' on it.  I guess the same thing happened to TCTCU as well.  Anyone else have either or these?  There was another cheap copy which I grabbed because I really want to hear that early version of 'Lemming' plus the Swindle tracks.

I don't have this, but I've seen this on a collector page. Those releases are kinda cool, with the incorrect tracks. I've wanted to variant collect the TCTCU but there are so many haha.

It's the driving 2+ hours to tr closest show. Not getting back until 2-3 in the morning (usually drunk), and then having to get right back up a few hours later to go to work. I used to be able to do that every day no problem, but not anymore. Wait why do I even need to explain myself 

55 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

It's the driving 2+ hours to tr closest show. Not getting back until 2-3 in the morning (usually drunk), and then having to get right back up a few hours later to go to work. I used to be able to do that every day no problem, but not anymore. Wait why do I even need to explain myself 

Part of being an adult is enjoying the shows without drinking.