Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

Offer media mail.  Have us click a checkbox that we acknowledge it could be damaged in transit and not eligible for a refund.

Agreed.  Not to mention media mail comes with a tracking number.  I have a large collection of records, many to most of which I've acquired by mail (not proud of this, it would be a lot cooler if many records I bought were available at local record shops, alas, that's not the case).  Majority of time I would guess, shipped via USPS media mail.  Every time I've had the option.  I've never had an issue.  Of course other than sleeve dings & such, due to poorly packed records, but that would be it.

2 hours ago, vinyl21 said:

Offer media mail.  Have us click a checkbox that we acknowledge it could be damaged in transit and not eligible for a refund.

That would solve it right there, but then they can't have a reason to charge as much. I feel really bad for everyone trying to get all the variants because that shipping is nasty especially when you need it like 5+ times. I wish you all luck, I am happy I'm sticking with Amazon.

5 minutes ago, verb1999 said:

Agreed.  Not to mention media mail comes with a tracking number.  I have a large collection of records, many to most of which I've acquired by mail (not proud of this, it would be a lot cooler if many records I bought were available at local record shops, alas, that's not the case).  Majority of time I would guess, shipped via USPS media mail.  Every time I've had the option.  I've never had an issue.  Of course other than sleeve dings & such, due to poorly packed records, but that would be it.

Yeah I am the same, almost all of the records I purchase come from online and not in store record stores (I purchase from record stores a lot, but online). I enjoy going from time to time to check it out and see what I can impulse buy but a lot of time if I want a specific variant or special record they aren't stocked at my record store unfortunately. Other times they have it for 3x the price that I can get it online. Sometimes, its a 1/3 price too, so it comes all ways, but I still mostly buy online, most come in flawless condition.

This thread got really gloomy. For one, variant collectors bring this burden upon themselves. If you don't like the way a business operates then don't give them your money. You're literally giving them the only thing they want and no reason to change their methods. Also I'd be willing to bet 90%+ of the users on these boards buy most (if not all) of their records online. Record stores aren't common like they were decades ago. Ain't a damn thing wrong buying a record directly from a band or label via the Internet, don't feel bad about it.

Mark talks about an EP. He was pretty sure about it, too:

"Oh, that song will be on the EP"

I could see those other songs being grouped together for an EP later this year. I'm really happy with how sincere Mark and Travis seem about the music and touring this time around. No tip-toeing around to not step on people's toes. Just doing what they want to do. 

EDIT: Wow, they emailed me back as I posted this haha. I was wondering how long it takes to receive a refund to my account. 

"Depends on your bank and how fast they handle it. It is advised on our side to go back to your credit card"

EDIT 2: My order was $30.14 and I got back $29.59. hmm. 

Edited by [Banned User]

1 minute ago, marc32137 said:

Did you redeem the BTD download? If so, maybe they deducted that from your refund. 

No I didn't, but that does seem reasonable I guess. Because I still have the code to download it. I have two of them actually. 

Main not worried about it, I was just curious as to why ¢55 haha