PO: Prince Studio Album Reissues (78-94 Era Albums)

Warner Bros have announced a series of reissues from the late and great PRINCE.

The series starts in July with Parade and ends with The Love Symbol in December. 

Ill keep this thread updated if the series continues into his 90's releases along with any other information that becomes available.

For You

Out Now

Amazon

Prince

May 21

Amazon

Around The World In A Day

June 21st

Amazon

Parade - Under The Cherry Moon OST

July 19th

Amazon

Sign O The Times

August 23rd

Amazon

The Black Album

September 20th

Amazon

Batman OST

October 18th

Amazon

Lovesexy

October 18th

Amazon

Prince and The New Power Generation — Diamonds and Pearls

November 22nd

No Amazon listing yet

Graffiti Bridge OST

November 22nd

Amazon

The Love Symbol

December 13th

Amazon

Come

December 13th

Amazon

41 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Oh man...how I hate it when they reissue albums of artists who have just passed away in order to cash in again...

I believe they were planned before his passing, For You and Prince 100% were anyways.

Im thinking maybe the announcement was just brought forward just a little bit, but yeah you're right, WB will be cashing in.  

39 minutes ago, Sasan said:

Oh man...how I hate it when they reissue albums of artists who have just passed away in order to cash in again...

They may have fast tracked it since his passing but I was tweeting with modern vinyl about these and they even pointed me to a tweet from prince in January saying these were already in the works. Since most these shouldn't be too expensive I'll probably pick them up. I like that they're spread out actually, Will give me time with each one. Zeppelin ones I had to drop at least $100 each time.

29 minutes ago, darkeyelids said:

I believe they were planned before his passing, For You and Prince 100% were anyways.

Im thinking maybe the announcement was just brought forward just a little bit, but yeah you're right, WB will be cashing in.  

28 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

They may have fast tracked it since his passing but I was tweeting with modern vinyl about these and they even pointed me to a tweet from prince in January saying these were already in the works. Since most these shouldn't be too expensive I'll probably pick them up. I like that they're spread out actually, Will give me time with each one. Zeppelin ones I had to drop at least $100 each time.

Oh OK, didn't know about that...but seeing how it went with Bowie, I thought those suckers were doing it again...

2 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

Exactly. Not a cash grab due to the fact that this is the result of a years (2 or so?) agreement Prince made with Warner. Like you said, it may have been fast tracked, but I'm guessing no on that too since the first ones were already scheduled prior to his passing.

Also, I didn't think about it the way you said with respect to spreading out the releases. That's probably better for all of our wallets. 

14 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

It was briefly released (with his blessing) back in 1994. 

True, but it was only an attempt to get out of the contract which didn't count and he changed his name to a symbol. I just kind of doubt he would have wanted it reissued again, but I'm only speculating based on his behavior surrounding this album

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

True, but it was only an attempt to get out of the contract which didn't count and he changed his name to a symbol. I just kind of doubt he would have wanted it reissued again, but I'm only speculating based on his behavior surrounding this album

Yeah, good point. I knew that the reissues of his first two albums were already in production when he passed away, so I'm curious if the rest were already in the works. Can't really see the Graffiti Bridge soundtrack being a huge seller, so maybe some of the lesser albums were rushed in. 

The For You reissue looks and sounds great, so I'm looking forward to getting nice, new copies of Parade, Sign o the Times, Diamonds and Pearls, and the Love Symbol album. I own originals of almost all of these (all but Love Symbol), but these are being priced cheap enough for me to want to get them. 

6 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Yeah, good point. I knew that the reissues of his first two albums were already in production when he passed away, so I'm curious if the rest were already in the works. Can't really see the Graffiti Bridge soundtrack being a huge seller, so maybe some of the lesser albums were rushed in. 

The For You reissue looks and sounds great, so I'm looking forward to getting nice, new copies of Parade, Sign o the Times, Diamonds and Pearls, and the Love Symbol album. I own originals of almost all of these (all but Love Symbol), but these are being priced cheap enough for me to want to get them. 

good to hear, I'd really like some of these if it's in the budget, especially sign o the times

46 minutes ago, russtcb said:

That's where my real questions lie. I have a couple of scattered LPs from after the WB years, but I don't think a lot of it is on vinyl.

A lot have European vinyl releases but unfortunately they are all pretty difficult to find. I don't have anything in between Diamonds and Pearls and Art Official Age on vinyl, so I'd be happy with reissues of everything in there, as well as finally a US release of 20Ten!!!