PO: Prince Studio Album Reissues (78-94 Era Albums)

11 hours ago, Sasan said:

Oh OK, didn't know about that...but seeing how it went with Bowie, I thought those suckers were doing it again...

Every Bowie release that has come out since his passing was planned and OK'd by Bowie long before he passed away. 

2 minutes ago, Family Friendly Rap God said:

I'll def pick up most of these. I should've added Prince to the collection earlier 

Same here...I've been holding out for a purple copy of "Purple Rain" but now those prices have gone through the roof. Ended up picking up the European press of the Rhino reissue for $20 shipped to the US from Amazon.co.uk 

15 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Every Bowie release that has come out since his passing was planned and OK'd by Bowie long before he passed away. 

Homie must've forgotten about the boxset that came out before Bowie died, which contained all the LPs that were individually released this year. 

Sooo tempting to pick these up. Trying to find near flawless copies of his albums has proven to be difficult over the years. My best pick-ups have been sealed copies of Around the World In A Day and the purple 12" Purple Rain single. 

Have there been any rumors of a boxset at the end of all this? Would love to have one incredible set with bonus goodies. 

Just got the copy of Plectrumelectrum I ordered the day before he died. I was worried the seller on Amazon had canceled following his death to jack up the price. I never listened to it originally and I am really enjoying it.

Also on that note anyone who hasn't heard Art Official Age or doesn't have it on vinyl I really suggest getting it. It is definitely my favorite Prince album after Diamonds & Pearls. It has some great tracks on it. I'm not sure how difficult it is to find on vinyl currently but it is definitely worth it. 

57 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

Just got the copy of Plectrumelectrum I ordered the day before he died. I was worried the seller on Amazon had canceled following his death to jack up the price. I never listened to it originally and I am really enjoying it.

Also on that note anyone who hasn't heard Art Official Age or doesn't have it on vinyl I really suggest getting it. It is definitely my favorite Prince album after Diamonds & Pearls. It has some great tracks on it. I'm not sure how difficult it is to find on vinyl currently but it is definitely worth it. 

I was the same way with Lotusflow3r / MLPS Sound. I ordered it a day prior to him passing and I started to worry that it wasn't going to show up. It finally arrived yesterday so I'm happy with that.

Another one I'd like to see get issued is Emancipation. Not sure when / if that'll happen, but I'm crossing my fingers.

On 5/3/2016 at 5:34 PM, russtcb said:

I was the same way with Lotusflow3r / MLPS Sound. I ordered it a day prior to him passing and I started to worry that it wasn't going to show up. It finally arrived yesterday so I'm happy with that.

Another one I'd like to see get issued is Emancipation. Not sure when / if that'll happen, but I'm crossing my fingers.

nice! Just ordered. I just sold my complete Prince CD collection so I could get all of the vinyl I didn't have already and reissues of my favorites. Now i just need them to reissue that mid 90's-2000's stuff. I have no idea why there hasn't been a Gold Experience vinyl announced. That album had his last super big hit on it.

Just now, joshman150 said:

nice! Just ordered. I just sold my complete Prince CD collection so I could get all of the vinyl I didn't have already and reissues of my favorites. Now i just need them to reissue that mid 90's-2000's stuff. I have no idea why there hasn't been a Gold Experience vinyl announced. That album had his last super big hit on it.

Do WB even still have the rights to it? It's been out of print in any format (and unavailable on iTunes/Tidal) for years.

2 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Do WB even still have the rights to it? It's been out of print in any format (and unavailable on iTunes/Tidal) for years.

I am nearly certain that was the first one he held the rights for completely, so I am not sure. It was released on NPG Records and I think WB distributed it.