Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Well with In Rainbows, the box set is analog and the vinyl was digital... I dunno if it's the same in this scenario but it's worth considering. 

Here we go again with this shit. If you can't provide a link to back up this claim then shut the fuck up about it. Goddamn, you're insufferable. 

1 hour ago, ExtraFox said:

There's also an Indies Only white version coming:

https://driftrecords.com/products/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool?variant=186841816366

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&path=2471&product_id=42162

Other places will have it too. No idea about the USA.

White also available from Rough Trade. Cheaper shipping options or US residents and they dont charge your card till the order ships.

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/103846

13 minutes ago, paranoidantroyd said:

Here we go again with this shit. If you can't provide a link to back up this claim then shut the fuck up about it. Goddamn, you're insufferable. 

I do know that the deluxe of TKOL is cut at 45 while the single 12" is 33.  Pretty sure it's the same for In Rainbows.  But as for the source, I don't know.

11 minutes ago, switch5150 said:

I'll hold out for a white copy available in the US, but I won't be too bummed out if I don't get one because all my other Radiohead albums are black. *This is how I rationalize my record life now. 

But what if white represents the finality of Radiohead and they announce a split? What then my good man?

13 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

But what if white represents the finality of Radiohead and they announce a split? What then my good man?

I'll just silently chastise myself the same way I do since I passed on the clear copy of Bowie's Blackstar. All records are the same color with eyes closed.

I'm going to preface this statement by saying this is absolutely pure speculation.

they're cutting up their old masters to put bits of them in with these deluxe box sets.   Master reals are usually only used X number of times (pending on the playback system, mastering engineer, ect) and they usually dub a new master after the last time they use an old one.   Their discography is getting a repress.  Maybe the new pressings are going to be sourced from the original master tapes instead of digital masters?

again, purely speculative

6 minutes ago, birdwell said:

I'm going to preface this statement by saying this is absolutely pure speculation.

they're cutting up their old masters to put bits of them in with these deluxe box sets.   Master reals are usually only used X number of times (pending on the playback system, mastering engineer, ect) and they usually dub a new master after the last time they use an old one.   Their discography is getting a repress.  Maybe the new pressings are going to be sourced from the original master tapes instead of digital masters?

I sure hope so. 

23 minutes ago, birdwell said:

I mean, as discussed several times already in this thread, in the description of the set they bothered to include the words "We have copies. Don't worry."

29 minutes ago, tape said:

I mean, as discussed several times already in this thread, in the description of the set they bothered to include the words "We have copies. Don't worry."

Right, that wasn't really my point.

Again, the point of my speculative post (which has not been mentioned anywhere else in this thread) is why they have more copies of their masters.   They don't dub 50 master reals of a record and store them.   I was simply trying to connect the dots between why they would include pieces of master reels not of the album the box set contains and the fact that reissues of their albums are on the way....by speculatively stating, they wouldn't arbitrarily create copies of their master reels as they only use them for so many passes on the tape-heads....so if they've used them recently, it's not crazy that they would've used them for sourcing for the new pressings coming out while dubbing new masters.

which I only bring up at all because of the decent amount of folks here who have gripes with the capital vault reissues that previously came out....perhaps these new represses will sound more inline with the original parlophone pressings 

21 minutes ago, birdwell said:

Right, that wasn't really my point.

Again, the point of my speculative post (which has not been mentioned anywhere else in this thread) is why they have more copies of their masters.   They don't dub 50 master reals of a record and store them.   I was simply trying to connect the dots between why they would include pieces of master reels not of the album the box set contains and the fact that reissues of their albums are on the way....by speculatively stating, they wouldn't arbitrarily create copies of their master reels as they only use them for so many passes on the tape-heads....so if they've used them recently, it's not crazy that they would've used them for sourcing for the new pressings coming out while dubbing new masters.

which I only bring up at all because of the decent amount of folks here who have gripes with the capital vault reissues that previously came out....perhaps these new represses will sound more inline with the original parlophone pressings 

According to someone at Reddit, XL just bought some of the Capitol stock and is putting XL stickers on them. Might not be true but it doesn't sound too improbable. Maybe future pressings will be cut from the masters like you said, but I doubt it :/

Regarding the deluxe edition, if you had access to a reel to reel player, would it be possible to find out what snippet you got or would the pieces be too short?

1 minute ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

According to someone at Reddit, XL just bought some of the Capitol stock and is putting XL stickers on them. Might not be true but it doesn't sound too improbable. Maybe future pressings will be cut from the masters like you said, but I doubt it :/

That said, if you had access to a reel to reel player, would it be possible to find out what snippet you got or would the pieces be too short?

If that's the truth, it will be as easy as matching the matrix run outs, right?

in theory, you can totally play it....if you have access to a 1/2" tape machine (which most people do not)....but the fact that if it's running at the correct speed you're listening to 3/4 of a second of a piece of music might make it difficult to discern.   But, hell, there was an entire gameshow based on how quickly you could identify music, so it's not impossible.