Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

17 minutes ago, Breezus said:

This album is a grower ... and I already liked it a lot at first listen.

On a sidenote, do 12-inches of Kid A and Amnesiac exist? They're my favorite Radiohead albums and there's no way I'm gonna get the 10-inch ones.

You should really rethink your position on these. Especially with them being your favorites. They sound incredible. Out of curiosity, what's your gripe with 10" records?  

Guys, it looks cooler on the shelf with all you radiohead albums together and uniform. Sound quality or what the artist prefers doesn't matter. 

I'm being sarcastic but I know what he means. Kid A and Amnesiac always stood apart from their other releases to me anyway so I just keep them with my other 10"... also like Tommy said "they're cool as fuck"

23 minutes ago, dbarila said:

Even the most current re-issues look like they are going to be 10"

Ugh, really?

But yeah, I honestly think mini-Kid A would look kinda lame next to OK Computer on my shelf (or any other records for that matter - not even being sarcastic here, it's just a preference). I also think especially Kid A's artwork is too majestic to not get a 12" release and I don't really get why only those two got the 10" treatment anyway. But if there really is no way they'll come out, I guess I'd have to settle for 10" copies.

Yeah, not sure how I'm gonna get it either. The weekday release fucks me. My local shop is 1 block from my apartment, but they open after I leave for work, and close just before I get home. When I need to, I can get there 15 mins before close, but I highly doubt any of these survive until then on Monday.

Ah well. I cared more when I thought BTW wasn't going to be on LP9. Still want it, but at least I've got the A-side on vinyl.

15 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Ugh, really?

But yeah, I honestly think mini-Kid A would look kinda lame next to OK Computer on my shelf (or any other records for that matter - not even being sarcastic here, it's just a preference). I also think especially Kid A's artwork is too majestic to not get a 12" release and I don't really get why only those two got the 10" treatment anyway. But if there really is no way they'll come out, I guess I'd have to settle for 10" copies.

Have some custom 12" jackets made to house the 10" jackets!

41 minutes ago, rooks said:

Yeah, not sure how I'm gonna get it either. The weekday release fucks me. My local shop is 1 block from my apartment, but they open after I leave for work, and close just before I get home. When I need to, I can get there 15 mins before close, but I highly doubt any of these survive until then on Monday.

Ah well. I cared more when I thought BTW wasn't going to be on LP9. Still want it, but at least I've got the A-side on vinyl.

My local said stores are only allotted 5 each. That's too bad. If you want one, plan on lining up Friday morning.

Burn the witch being on the album makes the 7" easier to pass on, but Spectre is one of my favorite Radiohead songs. I guess I'll just have to wait for the bonus disc in the box set.

It's too bad they didn't press 1000 more of these to make them easier to get for fans. They could always do that. I guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, highfives said:

The perfect compliment to Radiohead is more Radiohead.

True. I saw Caribou open for Radiohead on their last US tour and it was one of the most boring half hours of my life. You could tell every single person there just wanted Radiohead to come on. 

1 minute ago, museummouth said:

True. I saw Caribou open for Radiohead on their last US tour and it was one of the most boring half hours of my life. You could tell every single person there just wanted Radiohead to come on. 

Saw that same tour.  For me, it seems like they should be pulling a Pearl Jam with their tours.  Expansive set lists, 2-3 hour shows, no openers, randomly playing albums front to back.  I mean, who wouldn't lose their minds if in the middle of a set they just played Kid A & Amnesiac straight through?