Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

47 minutes ago, faceghost said:

I believe they got sent to a few various theaters across the country. In my city the Alamo Drafthouse is showing it.

I work for Alamo, you should be able to see it our theaters in the following cities:
Austin, Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Kansas City, San Francisco, Littleton, Yonkers, Omaha

Obviously check your local Alamo's facebook/website to see what times and which movies it plays before. Most of these locations only have one screen capable of playing 35mm so it'll only be on select screenings.

7 hours ago, museummouth said:

True. I saw Caribou open for Radiohead on their last US tour and it was one of the most boring half hours of my life. You could tell every single person there just wanted Radiohead to come on. 

Saw them on this tour too, I knew who Caribou was, but yeah, Radiohead.   This was in Tinley Park, Illinois, we got there early to tailgate - we saw a bunch of people on a dirt lot outside of the venue and stopped to drink.  Cops showed up and told everyone to leave or they would start writing tickets.  Got in the venue and were told there is a no tailgating ordinance in Tinley Park and we can't drink in the parking lot there either.  Security took this super seriously.  Kind of a buzzkill, but we decided to just load up a backpack with beer and go drink at the forest preserve right nearby.  The show was awesome, but I'll never go back to that venue.

24 minutes ago, kisol said:

Where do you see how many copies are left?

Load up your basket with a ton of copies and try and check out (but don't actually pay for anything). I just put 150 in my cart and it told me all i can have is 59 copies.

Therefor, unless they have a 59 copies per person limit (unlikely), that's all the stock they have left. 

Tricks of the trade.

Ok, who here's been talking to the media?

This writer comes off as so whiny.

People May Be Pissed About the Way Radiohead Is Selling Their New Album, A Moon-Shaped Pool
http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/05/08/24060887/people-may-be-pissed-about-the-way-radiohead-is-selling-their-new-album-a-moon-shaped-pool

It's always exciting when Radiohead makes a new album. Their latest, A Moon-Shaped Pool, is available as of today directly from the band and iTunes and Amazon. It's also streaming at Tidal and at Apple Music, which is apparently a great service if you like having all your music deleted from your computer. I liked one of the two songs they put out last week a lot, and the other one is growing on me. Plus, after 20 years of being a Radiohead fan, I'm really looking forward to hearing the band's ninth album. But I'm perplexed about which package I should buy, because unlike some lucky Radiohead listeners, I don't have access to infinite money.

The dilemma
The dilemma
As is the common practice now, the band is offering a few different packages to people interested in buying the new record. The two most appealing and reasonable ones are digital ($13) and vinyl ($29). The vinyl, of course, comes with a download code, but the records (or their codes) won't be shipped until June 17. So, if you want to hear the record today (or anytime in the next five weeks), you gotta buy the download—which is fair enough. But then if you like the record and want to add it to your vinyl collection, you'll need to buy it a second time. As the song (track 11 on this album, btw) says, "True Love Waits."

Unless of course, you want to just dive right in and spend $86.50 on the Special Edition.

True love wait$...
$$$.
Yes it's a lot of money for a record you haven't heard, BUT, you can be certain it will be a lovely package, with vinyl, CDs, two bonus songs, and what is sure to be some pessimistic scritchy-scratch artwork by Stanley Donwood and good old Tchocky. And anyway, by the time September rolls around and the package gets shipped to you, you probably won't even remember having spent nearly $100 way back in May. PLUS, you get your digital download right away.

There are, it's safe to say, worse problems to have in this world of problems. You can't blame a band for pushing the high ticket items on the first day a record is for sale. (They may be anti-capitalism to a degree, but they're still a British rock band, so they're going to be selling you some special editions.)

But given the perception of Radiohead as fair traders, and more to the point, given how much online music consumers complain when the metadata on the bittorrent they're illegally downloading is inefficiently cross-indexed, I have a hunch this is going to piss a few people off.

OK, my download is ready. BYE.

Here's my latest aggregation of where had/have the White copies for sale by region.

I haven't removed or indicated which have sold out, as I suppose at any time more could be available. So click around, there's some available in each region as of this post it seems. Of course call your local record shops as well and see if they'll be getting any in. Support local first if you can. Resort to online when you have to.

Let me know of any gaps in the list and I'll add them. Thx!

[Bullmoose Records] (US)
[FatBeats] (US)
[Amoeba Records] (US)
[Indie Vinyl Den] (US)
[Melody Supreme] (US)
[Underdog Records] (US)
[TurnTable Lab] (US)

[Boomkat] (UK)
[Bleep] (UK)
[Piccadilly Records] (UK)
[Norman Records] (UK)
[Rough Trade] (UK)