Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Just got word from my local shop that I made their preorder list. Only got 5 copies, only first five to call get first dibs.

If I can manage any additional ones from anywhere, I'm thinking we'll do a giveaway with them on SlyVinyl. You'll hear about that here if we can swing it. 

Edited by EHughes527

8 minutes ago, thesewoodenideas said:

My local store came through for me today. They got 5 and all were for those who preordered. XL should announce a repress to stop the flippers. Sounds like the indies only version of the LP is going to be a shitshow of a release.

People who buy from flippers are too ignorant for a repress to fix anything.  Flippers would just label their copies as "super, duper, hand-crafted 1st pressing that was kissed by Thom Yorke's rat" and they would buy it for $200 instead of buying the repress for $9

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

Local record shop got one in and they are going to put it on the shelves on Friday and make it available to the first customer that wants it. I'll be at work and won't have a chance. Cheapest prices on eBay have dropped from $100 to roughly half the price. Maybe they will drop again in a week or so. 

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Cheapest prices on eBay have dropped from $100 to roughly half the price. Maybe they will drop again in a week or so. 

Yeah I really never understand why people go out and jump on the first copies that show up on ebay or discogs when all of the copies are not even in stores yet. It should be obvious that once there are more copies in the wild that prices should go down. Suckers paid over $200 on ebay and now its available for under $50 on discogs. I'm guessing this ends up in the $30-$50 range when all is said and done.

Prices of this will continue to trend down as people slowly realize that a 7" with 2,500 copies floating around isn't worth that much. If you are a completionist but don't need this right now, give it a couple years and for the hype to wear off and you should be able to find this for much more reasonable price.

OK so I haven't read every page of this thread but I did see posters calling out Halo2 for flipping or whatever.  Just now I'm looking on Discogs and notice a Halo2 is selling SEVEN copies of the new Radiohead 7" for +$100.  Now it all makes sense.  Fuck that guy!

EDIT:  How does Halo2 even have that many copies?  Is he a dealer?

Edited by twatay

1 minute ago, twatay said:

OK so I haven't read every page of this thread but I did see posters calling out Halo2 for flipping or whatever.  Just now I'm looking on Discogs and notice a Halo2 is selling SEVEN copies of the new Radiohead 7" for +$100.  Now it all makes sense.  Fuck that guy!

Was coming here to say the same thing. 7 copies, his lowest now at $45.

I've sent some Best Offers to him for $0.69.

He seems to be very sensitive to when other sellers will list a copy and he responds by changing the price on his growing number of listings so they all appear at the top of Items I Want pages.  He continuously price cuts anyone who lists a lower price than him and he re-lists his items every hour seemingly.  Overall, he doesn't seem to be in it for the money so much as he just likes having his listings be at the top and for the lowest price so his brain can release some weird internet dopamine.  It's like a strange competition for him.

Edited by rds

On May 14, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Kilgore Trout said:

A winner has been chosen - congratulations @Waters!!! Sorry to everyone else. Free wet socks as consolation prizes to anyone who wants one.

Super big thanks to @Kilgore Troutfor coming through on this for me- got it in the Mail today- sounds great- so happy- thanks again-

1 hour ago, twatay said:

EDIT:  How does Halo2 even have that many copies?  Is he a dealer?

There were some copies there earlier for $45 + ship. I bet he bought those to re-flip. I wish there was a way to block sellers on Discogs - I don't even want his shit showing up in my feed. It's infuriating.