Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

16 minutes ago, rooks said:

street date was over a month ago

For digital, but I assumed physical release was still officially scheduled for this Friday.

Got the bummer email from FatBeats too. Guess I won't be getting one either unless I'm lucky enough to find one locally today, which is doubtful as I haven't seen any posts from local shops. I'll be camping Friday-Sunday so I assume any white copies would be gone by then. I won't be disappointed with a black one though.

1 minute ago, dbarila said:

I'm not surprised shops are selling a release early, but isn't Friday supposed to be some kind of event in shops?  With a live concert being broadcast and prizes and stuff?  You would think they would save them for Friday, unless they aren't participating.  

There's really not that many stores participating. Not surprised my guy put them out early - he's been miffed about the Friday release date schedule since they switched over, really.

I know someone mentioned earlier that their pre-order for the white variant from Melody Supreme was cancelled. I haven't gotten a cancellation email and I just checked my order status on the website and it still says "pre-ordered". Has anyone else had a pre-order cancelled that got it from Melody Supreme? I'm getting nervous. I pre-ordered on May 10th.

Edited by thedood

3 minutes ago, thedood said:

I know someone mentioned earlier that their pre-order for the white variant from Melody Supreme was cancelled. Has anyone else had an pre-order cancelled that got it from Melody Supreme? Now I'm getting nervous. I pre-ordered on May 10th.

I preordered 5/10 also. Haven't gotten a cancellation notice. I emailed them today to make sure all is good- no response yet. 

Edited by Waters
Spelling!

"Street date" was "will likely ship by June 17" I wouldn't call selling it 2 days before the estimated ship date and a month after digital release "breaking street date".

A lot of shops are waiting til friday to couple it with the listening session. But that is just to maximize attendance/sales.

It is not like these shops are leaking the record.

Edited by rooks