Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Anyone else from the states order from drift records in the uk? I got a shipping notification and realized my phone had autocorrected the zip code of my shipping address. THe folks at drift were super nice and told me they'd hold another copy for me if mine never shows up (usps probably can't figure it out) or if it never gets sent back to them being they can't get a tracking. Just want to get an approximate day these might arrive so I can check at my post office and try and intercept it before it gets shipped back.

8 minutes ago, carmognole said:

Anyone else from the states order from drift records in the uk? I got a shipping notification and realized my phone had autocorrected the zip code of my shipping address. THe folks at drift were super nice and told me they'd hold another copy for me if mine never shows up (usps probably can't figure it out) or if it never gets sent back to them being they can't get a tracking. Just want to get an approximate day these might arrive so I can check at my post office and try and intercept it before it gets shipped back.

This depends pretty heavily on where in the US you are and where in the UK they are.

If it helps, Boomkat (Manchester, UK) to Manhattan, NY takes an average of 10 days in my experience.

Got mine from a seller on eBay and according to the details on Discogs, I have the Rainbo version.

I've only played the first disc so far but felt like side A had a lot of surface noise. I did not clean it before playing, and did find a fair amount of dust on the stylus when I went to flip to side B. I'll have to play again after a cleaning.

Was checking matrices to see which variant I had, and realized the words "synthesized", "sanitized", and "neutralized" are not etched into the deadwax on sides A, B, and D, respectively, as noted in the Discogs info. ???

Edit: Rainbo white pressing.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

Rainbo white, cleaned, flat. Rotational clicks at the beginning of daydreaming (clicks each time it rotates, same spot, 1-2 minutes), random crackles continue until Desert Island (sounds amazing). Basically, crackle throughout but I can live with it. Last side Has fewest crackles until the end of Love. 

A- Alchemy

B- Sanitized 

C- Sterilized

D- Neutralized

1 hour ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Was checking matrices to see which variant I had, and realized the words "synthesized", "sanitized", and "neutralized" are not etched into the deadwax on sides A, B, and D, respectively, as noted in the Discogs info. ???

Edit: Rainbo white pressing.

Exact same scenario for me.

I played the second disc today, giving it a quick clean first. Side C sounded great, while side D had a ton of surface noise - really unbelievable. I'm gonna have to listen to the MP3s again to compare. Just didn't sound right at all. So sides A and D were noisy to me, B and C sounding good.

Also went by one of my favorite local shops today and they had a ton of white copies. Kinda pissed at myself for buying one on eBay for $40 before the weekend. 

12 minutes ago, maximuss said:

Very strange, i had some distortion, on side b, but now after 7 or 8 times playing it sounds clean. Maybe all these problems come from little whie powder on the vinyl.

That's interesting because Side B seems to be the noisiest side for me.  I'll have to see if it gets any better after a couple of plays.  I still haven't Spin Cleaned it yet.

9 minutes ago, vanishinghouse said:

Would anybody be kind enough to help me track down a white copy? My girlfriend really is liking the new album as well and I dropped the ball on finding one online and would like to get her a copy for her bday. If you have any leads just PM please. 

There are plenty of copies on eBay and Discogs (and for less than $50, so Balto can STFU).