Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

1 minute ago, Youinreverse said:

Mine has glue around all sides of the inside of the front and back covers, plus some residue on the front cover and some big scuffs across the front. It's a beautiful package, but I'm a little miffed at how sloppy my copy was. :( 

If mine comes in and I am at all disappointed I will be following up for a replacement or refund... 

7 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Mine surprisingly didn't have any sticky stuff anywhere. There was a little residue from where the belly band was glued on the front, but that's it. My MoFi sleeves are sticking out quite a bit more than everyone else's seems to be. Plus, they are crinkling up and causing the sleeve to stick out. Not that big of a deal though. Overall, I love the packaging. I, for one, love the alternate green cover. Will probably find a way to keep this one displayed along w/ my DelUxe Edition of In Rainbows. 

Yeah my Mofi sleeves stuck out enough to where the belly band was bending the Mofi sleeves a little but it wasn't hurting the packaging or either vinyl.  

Am I the only one who put the records directly in the designated sleeves in the book? I've been able to put them in and take them out easily without any apparent degradation to the quality of the vinyl. Three listens in and my copy still sounds flawless. I can't detect a single pop or any other extraneous noise. 

I'm somewhat tempted to put one of my white copies in the book instead and putting these records in the standard album jacket so it's easier to get out the superior records. But I also love looking at the artwork while I listen. Such tough decisions I'm forced to make in my life. 

On 10/3/2016 at 6:53 PM, floyd_z said:

The second half of Side D was pretty bad, especially "True Love Waits" probably just cause it's a quieter song.

During True Love Waits, did you have a couple serious pop/scratch sounds, like serious enough that cleaning it won't help? I gave my copy a once-through listen without cleaning it and other than random little pops here and there, the ones that happened during True Love Waits were harsh..

To chime in on the sticky glue situation - there were glue specks all over the exposed half (when it's in its slot) of the playable side (not the label side) of the bonus CD, but luckily not near where the two songs are located so ripping to digital was unaffected.

I'm not sure I like this release enough overall to justify it's price. Oh well. 

Super disappointed we got a 33rpm pressing!  Regardless, I'm listening now and has sounded great (only 1 or 2 pops so far without cleaning)!

The packaging is beautiful, although I had stickness on the back edges.  Here's how it sits with it's friends...

EDIT:  True Love Waits starts off terrible, tons of hiss, fuzziness and a pop here and there. :(

O30OzvS.jpg?1

Edited by jerkpie

10 hours ago, jerkpie said:

Super disappointed we got a 33rpm pressing!  Regardless, I'm listening now and has sounded great (only 1 or 2 pops so far without cleaning)!

The packaging is beautiful, although I had stickness on the back edges.  Here's how it sits with it's friends...

EDIT:  True Love Waits starts off terrible, tons of hiss, fuzziness and a pop here and there. :(

O30OzvS.jpg?1

nice stack of radiohead records.. why not in chronological order?  I was at that germany show, it was neat to find the bootleg of it.  Sometimes I feel like finding the appropriate sub to post my radiohead collection to, but then i get lazy and realize it would only be to serve my ego.

Just gave my deluxe edition a full listen. A few minor pops and hisses but for the most part, the sound is great! Even during "True Love Waits". I'm so happy I splurged and bought the deluxe. My white variant is almost unlistenable because of the noise. Still glad I own the white variant, but that won't get spun anymore. 

So the USPS has apparently lost my copy of the deluxe edition. They marked it as delivered, but didn't actually deliver it, and now days later, neither the USPS or Radiohead's website will help me with this. USPS is basically saying "it was delivered, if its not there it's not our responsibility" and Radiohead's site are basically acting like I'm making this up, despite the fact that we were home when it was supposedly "delivered". 

So I don't have my deluxe edition, and am currently just out of the money I spent on it because USPS doesn't want to own up to losing my package, and Radiohead's site for whatever reason who just send me a replacement or even offer a refund. 

This is absolutely infuriating. 

11 hours ago, jerkpie said:

O30OzvS.jpg?1

That's legit collecting, right there. Nice!

12 hours ago, jerkpie said:

O30OzvS.jpg?1

Very nice Radiohead collection!  I always wondered why people complain about the size of the In Rainbows box set.  Now I get to see.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Very nice Radiohead collection!  I always wondered why people complain about the size of the In Rainbows box set.  Now I get to see.

I flipped it on its side the other day after others here had suggested it. Fits perfectly now, and my cube of Radiohead records no longer looks italicized!

1 hour ago, Cloudsbelow said:

nice stack of radiohead records.. why not in chronological order?  I was at that germany show, it was neat to find the bootleg of it.  

They are practically in chronological order based off the release date, not necessarily the recording date, which is why the live 2001 is put there (instead of the boxsets since they barely fit!)

1 hour ago, Cloudsbelow said:

Sometimes I feel like finding the appropriate sub to post my radiohead collection to, but then i get lazy and realize it would only be to serve my ego

Please share! we love to see collections.

2 minutes ago, jerkpie said:

They are practically in chronological order based off the release date, not necessarily the recording date, which is why the live 2001 is put there (instead of the boxsets since they barely fit!)

Please share! we love to see collections.

the 12" singles and the in rainbows (deluxe) throw me off... I'll take a pic later, maybe when my special AMSP comes in... I'm lazy, remember.

Edited by Cloudsbelow

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Okay, my bad...$86.50.  An amazing album, but that's a bit steep.

Guess it all depends on your perspective... Some SEs i've purchased at £40-£70 have definitely been pretty steep as you say, but IMHO this one is well worth it. The only criticism is the lack of alternative vinyl colour / design, but the actual packaging / booklet / artwork is pretty amazing. Again, just my opinion, for what it is worth :)