Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

56 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

So SRC just sent out an e-mail that confirmed the special edition of AMSP is limited to 2,500 copies.

They also have it for $79.99:

https://www.srcvinyl.com/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-deluxe-2xlp.html

I was wondering if that included what was pre-sold or if that was the remaining stock?  It pales in comparison to In Rainbows.

Just received my deluxe copy. Wow...really impressed! That belly band tape sure is hard to get on/off though, nah well. My records look like they've been through war! They have vertical lines all across them and scuff marks. Due to how poor they looked I thought I better go all out on the cleaning so I use my Audio Intelligence No.15 deep clean wash and soaked/scrubbed for about 10 mins each side with 2 runs on my Record Doctor V. Then followed up with the No.6 wash, again twice through.

To my surprise & delight they came out sounding amazing! The tiniest of pop's here and there but VERY quiet and nothing that detracts from the music at all. Phew!

While it took me a good hour to clean both LP's, the results were definitely impressive.

Anyway, now on to some solid listening!

25 minutes ago, rickydenim said:

Just received my deluxe copy. Wow...really impressed! That belly band tape sure is hard to get on/off though, nah well. My records look like they've been through war! They have vertical lines all across them and scuff marks. Due to how poor they looked I thought I better go all out on the cleaning so I use my Audio Intelligence No.15 deep clean wash and soaked/scrubbed for about 10 mins each side with 2 runs on my Record Doctor V. Then followed up with the No.6 wash, again twice through.

To my surprise & delight they came out sounding amazing! The tiniest of pop's here and there but VERY quiet and nothing that detracts from the music at all. Phew!

While it took me a good hour to clean both LP's, the results were definitely impressive.

Anyway, now on to some solid listening!

mate can i stop by and have you clean my copy? haha

1 hour ago, _stretts said:

mate can i stop by and have you clean my copy? haha

Haha if you wanna drive to Melb I'll happily oblige! But man, it takes a toll on the 'ol back and wrist lol. Definitely couldn't do this for all my collection. BUT, when Act V arrives it's getting the royal treatment ;)

33 minutes ago, kannibal said:

To be fair, though, you have no idea what your extensive cleaning did to the Playback quality because you dIdnt listen before you cleaned. 

Congrats on on the minimal surface noise. Mine weren't bad, but could be a bit better.

This is true. In the past I have cleaned with a brush, had a listen then do the deep clean but now I'm nervous that I'm just pushing any dirt & dust into the groove so just better to clean properly first.  Couldn't say how much better I got it to be fair but the records look pretty nasty so I was expecting the worst!

7 hours ago, rickydenim said:

Haha if you wanna drive to Melb I'll happily oblige! But man, it takes a toll on the 'ol back and wrist lol. Definitely couldn't do this for all my collection. BUT, when Act V arrives it's getting the royal treatment ;)

If Act V is anything like Act IV was its gonna need it... I moved to Melbourne three weeks ago ;)