Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

2 minutes ago, jpw1910 said:

https://bleep.com/release/73023-radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool

has the white for us US folks. just ordered.

Bleep now showing sold out.

Here and here still:

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=42162

http://www.diversevinyl.com/item.php?id=bf2fc77b0f484b1f5d1c92fa98821aca

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/radiohead-a-moon-shaped-pool-cd-album-or-opaque-white-vinyl-lp-pre-order-indies-only-exclusive/

and remember Juno don't do pre-orders, Rise in Bristol haven't put it up (AFAIK) and I'm sure stores are holding some back to go on sale instore the day it comes out.

Wow, the white is sold out at most places now in UK.

only places still listing as not sold out

Bleep

Phonica

Piccadilly

Crash

Diverse - can't promise you'll actually get a copy.

Heard through a friend who has contacts at XL that it's a pressing of 3000 - 1k for UK, 1k for UK, 1k for EU. this kind of makes sense with how fast they have sold out - and also how many Uk stores will get this - 20 stores ? bigger stores getting 100 copies (Rough Trade, Piccadilly etc) , mid sized stores getting 50 copies (Banquet, Norman etc) and some smaller ones getting 10-20 etc. I can't verify for any of this but ???

BB

The fact that 7 of the 11 songs have been in the works for years.

On a lighter note, some cool facts:

All the tracks are in alphabetical order.

True Love Waits is Radiohead's 100th LP track - 100 tracks in 25 years.

The first word on the album is "Stay", the last word on the album is "Leave".

I wouldn't be surprised if all 11 tracks have been in the works for years. 

But why is that an indicator of a breakup? This band has a history of working tracks to death. Also, what are the conditions for a song to be considered "new" for album?  I wouldn't consider desert island disk, Identikit, the message, ful stop as old songs. They emerged since the last album came out. When were they supposed to put them out in order for them to still be considered new? 

To me; this breakup stuff sounds like Radiohead fans just being drama queens. 

14 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Hey...the white is probably going to be at EVERY indie store.  Will easily be pressed to more copies than Sufjan's latest (10,000 copies).  

Everyone just relax, these aren't going to be impossible to find.

Yeah, reading into all of the online sites makes it seem like this colored pressing will be a one and done. 

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all 11 tracks have been in the works for years. 

But why is that an indicator of a breakup? This band has a history of working tracks to death. Also, what are the conditions for a song to be considered "new" for album?  I wouldn't consider desert island disk, Identikit, the message, ful stop as old songs. They emerged since the last album came out. When were they supposed to put them out in order for them to still be considered new? 

To me; this breakup stuff sounds like Radiohead fans just being drama queens. 

I agree, I don't think they are breaking up. People are saying it because 7 of the 11 songs have been heard in full or as parts from as far back as 1996. Almost like they are tying up loose ends. Also, the style of the album is very somber and has a heavy theme of leaving and saying goodbye. Obviously this can be attributed to other things, like Thom's divorce and Nigel's father dying. 

people have been saying "this is their last one" for the last couple :)

Just now, itsgoodtobefree said:

Back to stressing out on how I'm going to get the 7".

Speaking of that 7'', I wonder if it would have made more sense to have BTW traded out for a different track. I still want Spectre on wax but would have been nice for them to continue the b-sides on a seperate record entirely.