David Bowie Blackstar SURPRISE

Seems like the other threads are locked, so I started this new one. Just read an article about the surprise if you leave the cover in the sun.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/106754/david-bowie-blackstar-vinyl-stars-appear-when-left-in-sun-reddit#.VyjPcN21DRw.facebook

David Bowie Blackstar vinyl, stars appear when left in sun, Reddit

7 minutes ago, aron4174 said:

Ive seen many articles showing this off, but none explaining how. Kinda curious on the how

Must just be splattered with some sort of photosynthetic coating. I saw some emulsion at an art store to make lumen prints. I feel like I want to buy another copy so I can leave that one in the sun.

I kinda think this whole thing is cool, but a little bit misleading...

The affect occurs when you shine a bright light through the first panel  of the gatefold and then starry image is then visible through the front cover die cut. 

Has nothing to do with actually leaving it in the sun like a glow in the dark image or something.

Still a cool thing nonetheless but I think the original poster was a bit misleading 

5 hours ago, darkeyelids said:

The affect occurs when you shine a bright light through the first panel  of the gatefold and then starry image is then visible through the front cover die cut. 

Has nothing to do with actually leaving it in the sun like a glow in the dark image or something.

Still a cool thing nonetheless but I think the original poster was a bit misleading 

This.

Don't go put your Bowie in the driveway to warm it up.

9 hours ago, darkeyelids said:

So, I guess you were brilliant enough to know about this effect right from the get go? BTW, no one said it was glow in the dark and your summation of what happens basically restated what was already said. Misleading = reading comprehension problem. One thing you are right about, it is cool.

6 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

So, I guess you were brilliant enough to know about this effect right from the get go? BTW, no one said it was glow in the dark and your summation of what happens basically restated what was already said. Misleading = reading comprehension problem. One thing you are right about, it is cool.

idk why you're being a jerk but okay.

The article states "IF YOU LEAVE BOWIE'S BLACKSTAR IN THE SUN, SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL HAPPENS" 

For the starry effect to occur you don't leave it in the sun,  how is that not misleading? 

3 hours ago, darkeyelids said:

idk why you're being a jerk but okay.

The article states "IF YOU LEAVE BOWIE'S BLACKSTAR IN THE SUN, SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL HAPPENS" 

For the starry effect to occur you don't leave it in the sun,  how is that not misleading? 

The sun actually produces bright light. I didn't read anything about it only working with the sun. Light bulbs can also provide bright light. I guess they should have said that you can use the sun or other bright light? I'm not sure why you're so confused. Anyway, I think Bladewillisisdead had the right idea about leaving the record in the sun or any heat source to turn the record clear. I just put my record in the oven with the light on and it worked!