PO: Pearl Jam reissues

16 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the rearviewmirror 4LP set get the reissue treatment

I don't think I have even a digital copy of this; I know there were a few remixed Ten tracks on it, but did the version of "Who You Are" have the lyrical change that showed up on the 2016 vinyl release?

16 hours ago, simple_torture said:

I don't think I have even a digital copy of this; I know there were a few remixed Ten tracks on it, but did the version of "Who You Are" have the lyrical change that showed up on the 2016 vinyl release?

Yes, it did. I believe SOLAT is a different mix as well. 

17 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Was the original vinyl mastered too high?

It was basically the same master used for  the cd. the vinyl itself is a good, but the whole master is a mess. Too hot. 

Edited by timsimmons

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

Someone on the 10C boards supposedly contacted JPC Germany and their response was that these are official. Not a surprise, but good to get confirmation of some sort. So glad I didn't plunk down the big bucks for originals. 

I saw that post too, and it's very promising. I still doubt the date with no official announcement yet--wouldn't be surprised if it was early August, a year since the last batch pf reissues. 

1 minute ago, simple_torture said:

I saw that post too, and it's very promising. I still doubt the date with no official announcement yet--wouldn't be surprised if it was early August, a year since the last batch pf reissues. 

Did you go for a Mystery Box? Mine should arrive Monday. It's funny that some people are whining about what they got. It's a fuckin' mystery and no you won't love everything and you might not love anything you get. That should be the disclaimer. Last time for the vinyl mystery box I got PJ20 colored version, so even if I crap out on many boxes I'm still ahead.

2 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Did you go for a Mystery Box? Mine should arrive Monday. It's funny that some people are whining about what they got. It's a fuckin' mystery and no you won't love everything and you might not love anything you get. That should be the disclaimer. Last time for the vinyl mystery box I got PJ20 colored version, so even if I crap out on many boxes I'm still ahead.

I'm not a big merch guy; I get the posters for the shows I attend, and that's it for me. I was broke when they did the vinyl mystery stuff, unfortunately--I'll try to get in if they do it again. 

29 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Those people are always crying about something.  I can't stand the entitlement.

I whined once but that was because i placed an order for the vinyl mystery just fine and my card got charged,  but somehow their system didn't give it a valid confirmation number associated with it so they ended up cancelling it.  But i promise i wouldn't have bitched about what i got it i actually got something!