RIYL: Krill, Cloud Nothings, Les Savy Fav, Japandroids, Unwound

Confirmation Bias, the sophomore LP from Chicago's Yeesh is now available for pre-order via Tiny Engines (out 7/22). You can stream a brand new song at Stereogum, which had this to say about the album...

"Yeesh put out their impressively nervy debut No Problem in 2015 after a few years of gestating in the Chicago scene, and they’re following it up with Confirmation Bias, their sophomore LP and first for rock powerhouse Tiny Engines. It sees the trio tightening up their already tightly-coiled post-punk to the point of strangulation."

Definitely one of my favorite additions to the 2016 Tiny Engines roster here, but kind of a tough one to pin down.  Yeesh embraces elements of noise-pop, post-punk and even Dischord-styled hardcore.  It's all endearingly fuzzy and rough-around-the-edges, but unmistakably catchy and intricately layered.  Give the new track a spin. The band's debut LP No Problem is pretty awesome as well!

Yeesh will embark on a short tour of the Midwest and East Coast beginning on May 20th.  A more extensive tour of the U.S. in support of the record is being booked in August. Stay tuned for additional updates and another song premiere!

May 20 - Chicago, IL @ Auxilliary Arts Center w/ Pool Holograph
May 21 - Bloomington, IN @ The Void
May 22 - Louisville, KY @ The Cure Lounge w/ Rarebit, Skintone
May 23 - Cincinnati, OH @ The Comet w/ Pinkwash
May 24 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Howlers w/ Calyx
May 25 - Washington DC @ Union Arts DC w/ Polyon, Rom, Dove Lady
May 26 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA w/ Left & Right
May 27 - New York, NY @ Palisades w/ Haybaby, Bueno, Sic Tic

v600_TE157_Yeesh_ConfirmationBias_5x5_hi

9 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

I like that RIYL... I'll check out the song in a bit.

The first time I heard this record, Krill immediately came to mind ... and A Distant Fist Unclenching is one of my favorite records.  The two bands don't necessarily sound alike, but they have a similar aesthetic.