PO NOW: Russian Circles - Guidance | SARGENT HOUSE

18 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Saw that someone got shipping confirmation, rushed to call up Hello Merch to have the new Caspain - Waking Season pressing thrown in. Great service and were totally cool with my last minute contacting them to add to my order.

HelloMerch has extremely underrated customer service/support.  always a breeze with anything I grab from any of their shops

So did they just ship all of the clear-black splatters first?  It looks nice (and just like I'd imagine when hearing "clear with black splatter"), but I'm eager to see how the other variant turned out.  Lurking Instagram and there's a handful of copies posted, but zero of the burgundy.  Feels like we've been penalized for living a little.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

So did they just ship all of the clear-black splatters first?  It looks nice (and just like I'd imagine when hearing "clear with black splatter"), but I'm eager to see how the other variant turned out.  Lurking Instagram and there's a handful of copies posted, but zero of the burgundy.  Feels like we've been penalized for living a little.

i'm imagining it will look mediocre like the purple/pink variant of the boris reissue but who knows.  I think a lot of people opted for the clear splatter because it was "more limited".  I already have enter on that variant so naturally opted for the brown/burg, itching to see how it turned out as well

1 hour ago, antisyntax said:

i'm imagining it will look mediocre like the purple/pink variant of the boris reissue but who knows.  I think a lot of people opted for the clear splatter because it was "more limited".  I already have enter on that variant so naturally opted for the brown/burg, itching to see how it turned out as well

Word.  I own 0 records with that color combo and probably 30 clear-black splatters, myself.  That's not ever hyperbole.  I recall the rarity difference being pretty insignificant, and I personally stopped caring about /1200 vs. /1500 quite a few years back.  But to each their own.  I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by however they turn out.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I got shipping confirmation on my burgundy/brown copy this afternoon!

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Word.  I own 0 records with that color combo and probably 30 clear-black splatters, myself.  That's not ever hyperbole.  I recall the rarity difference being pretty insignificant, and I personally stopped caring about /1200 vs. /1500 quite a few years back.  But to each their own.  I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by however they turn out.

Trans brown w/ burgundy splatter looking more like clear w/ brown splatter in this pic.  Not what I had imagined...

10 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Not a single note has reached my ears. It's time. 

F57C8704-E4C9-4178-ACA7-7365453EA9F4_zps

I'm so excited for you.  Did you order that from Sargent or pick it up locally?

A little disappointed if that's the "brown with burgundy" variant, but only because the variant and mockup were quite unique and I would've loved to see it pulled off.  A clear-with-burgundy-splatter still matches the art nicely, and I'll gladly take it, but I'd still wonder what could've been.

As long as it sounds killer I'll be really happy regardless.  Very eager to hear your thoughts when you're comfortable posting them.

I picked it up locally today. There's no sticker or anything on front that would be of any help to determine which variant it is. 

I share your sentiment regarding the mockup and advertising, also that this version is a great match for the overall aesthetic of the album nonetheless. 

Im not comfortable stating that it sounds great, as it definitely came with the usual quirks splatter variants are notorious for. Clicks and pops throughout, some hiss here and there. I'll be sure to make a proper statement after a thorough cleaning and listening session during the weekend. 

My first impression still is a highly favorable one, though. The production has God City all over it, which is by no surprise an earthshattering fit for RC. Great, powerful sequencing, impeccable musicianship, in every way the high standard these guys are known for. I can't wait to return to it. 

My brown with burgundy order from Awesome is postponed :

Hi there, 

Thanks for pre ordering Russian Circles - Guidance. 

Unfortunately, there has been a delay with the pressing of this release over with Sargent House in the US and we have not yet received the vinyl. 

This means we will not have them in time to ship this week. Really sorry about that! 

We unfortunately do not have an expected date for when we will be receiving them.

Please be assured that as soon as they arrive, we will ship your order straight away. 

Please except our apologies again for the delay. 

You will be notified as soon as the order ships.

1 hour ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Awesome probably just hasn't recieved them yet. Its probably a shipping delay and not a pressing delay.

I suspect you're correct and I don't aim to argue with you, but that e-mail certainly suggests that there was an issue with the actual press.  Sounds misinforming to me.

If the burgundy-splatter ends up looking exceptionally gross, I wouldn't mind tracking down that UK retail splatter.  Would anyone over the pond tentatively help me out on that?

Glad to hear the album delivered, @Eliminator Jr..  It gets so much better after listen 3 or so, I think.  Not that it disappointed on the first go 'round.  As someone who also held off on listening to any singles or live tracks, I can totally see why the thread was clamoring over Vorel and basically every other track that debuted early.