PO NOW: Russian Circles - Guidance | SARGENT HOUSE

Based on that email my guess is that there's just one clear w/ brown splatter which is the same in UK and US stores

I am just thinking about what happened with Memorial, a translucent grey was announced on webstores and opaque grey as tour variant and it ended up being the other way around... 

The tour is on the corner and I wouldn't be surprised if a tour variant is planned.. just saying...

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

It'd be funny if that was indeed the brown-burgundy variant, and they opted for it on account of overly ambitious mockups, initially.  "So yeah, what we had on paper was pretty cool.  But it turns out we'd only need to order, like, 10% of our estimated brown pellets if we cut back and did this."

especially the way they worded the variant "Translucent Brown/Burgundy Splatter" seeing as they omitted the word "with" they could probably get away with that referencing the color of the splatter (although i'm hoping this wasn't the idea)

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It'd be funny if that was indeed the brown-burgundy variant, and they opted for it on account of overly ambitious mockups, initially.  "So yeah, what we had on paper was pretty cool.  But it turns out we'd only need to order, like, 10% of our estimated brown pellets if we cut back and did this."

Is there a photo of the paper mockup for this somewhere that you are referring to?  I scrolled back through the thread and did not see one.

1 hour ago, antisyntax said:

especially the way they worded the variant "Translucent Brown/Burgundy Splatter" seeing as they omitted the word "with" they could probably get away with that referencing the color of the splatter (although i'm hoping this wasn't the idea)

I didn't even think about it that way, but you're right.  Just kind of funny that they'd specify the other variant as "clear with" when they're both clear with similar splatters.  If that is the case, rather.

34 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

Is there a photo of the paper mockup for this somewhere that you are referring to?  I scrolled back through the thread and did not see one.

I don't think I'm imagining it, but I could've sworn there was a crude mockup poster over at Hello Merch.

I enjoy nerding out about variants, but before anyone goes full on hurdur you guys gonna' discuss the music or what?, I'd like to say that I've probably put about 5-6 listens into Guidance so far and am super happy with the way it turned out.  That production chatter on the last page holds merit — going from this album back to Memorial is like night and day.  Ballou truly is a skilled man of his craft.

Tough to choose an absolute favorite but Mota has my heart pretty good at this point.  I feel like that track has RC showcasing a lot of their signature sounds and acrobatics, and it all flows so, so well.  Just doesn't let up.

@fizio59

Might also be black, though, with the brownish cover art cheating our eyes into seeing colorful reflections that aren't there. 

- edit -

I used it once, so this code may or may not work once again. Be the first to find out:

sargenthouse.bandcamp.com/yum

2Y5C-K3XL

Edited by Eliminator Jr.

7 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

@fizio59

Might also be black, though, with the brownish cover art cheating our eyes into seeing colorful reflections that aren't there. 

- edit -

I used it once, so this code may or may not work once again. Be the first to find out:

sargenthouse.bandcamp.com/yum

2Y5C-K3XL

no worky

12 minutes ago, kisol said:

Pics against some good lighting would be much appreciated!

updated the photo to help a little but my phones camera is pretty weak, that might be the best I can get for ya :\ its subtle on mine when not in the light

Edited by kjkenney

So, I did something with this record that I've never done in all my years of collecting.

I completely forgot that I ordered it.

A couple days ago, when people started posting that they had received their copies, and posting pictures and whatnot, I was thinking "Hm, I really should get around to ordering a copy for myself." So, I hopped on the Sargent House merch site to grab one, and when I realized that all the variants were still available, I decided to wait a couple days until I got paid and I would probably order it this weekend. Well, lo and behold, there was my copy waiting for me in my apartment complex's office later that same day.