Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial - in stock anywhere?

2 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Hey everyone, I've been trying to track down a copy of the recalled LP which was originally supposed to come out today. Does anyone know of any stores selling it? Can you help me get a copy? Really hate the new version of the song that had to be edited.

Thanks!

hey not sure this is going to help but the label that put this out was at the Brooklyn Record Fair ..

and my buddy was looking for the recalled version of this and the label said they weren't able to release any of them ..  

they had none at the fair and said they had no plans of letting them go 

so it might be pretty tough to find any..

Yeah, I know that the album had to be recalled but it looks like some stores got them. 

I had a preorder with Matador and they literally sent me a jacket and one of the two LPs, which is kind of dumb. I guess the first LP (with the track that had to be edited) is going to be shipped out once it gets repressed.

22 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Yeah, I know that the album had to be recalled but it looks like some stores got them. 

I had a preorder with Matador and they literally sent me a jacket and one of the two LPs, which is kind of dumb. I guess the first LP (with the track that had to be edited) is going to be shipped out once it gets repressed.

so how do you know the difference between the two? 

Complete copies are out there. I had this on pre-order from both CCMusic and Bullmoose and both copies shipped. I wasn't expecting either copy to arrive. I already received the one from CCMusic and the BullMoose one is due to arrive tomorrow. I ordered the Bullmoose one on Wednesday, but they have since changed the release date. I was incredibly shocked when it actually shipped yesterday. I have already sold one and plan on keeping the other one.

9 hours ago, surfingelectrode said:

Hey everyone, I've been trying to track down a copy of the recalled LP which was originally supposed to come out today. Does anyone know of any stores selling it? Can you help me get a copy? Really hate the new version of the song that had to be edited.

Thanks!

I think the chances of me finding a recalled version of this are slim and none but I would settle for a download if somebody had the zip they would share. I already have the album preordered through Vinyl Me Please. 

Edited by twentytwo

16 hours ago, Mathyou99 said:

Love Garden in Lawrence still has two copies of the original. I grabbed one for myself and would of copped one for the boards if it weren't for insufficient funds. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if they'd ship one.

The guy who answered the phone said I was the 17th person to call, and they opened 20 minutes ago.  

He was super nice about it, but yeah, they are out.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I've heard the original hundreds of times but I actually prefer this version. I think the only gripe I have with it is that the vocal delivery is less frantic and impassioned during the first two parts of the new cut, but part three completely makes up for it. 

I thought the same exact thing on my first listen, during the first half my line of thinking was "this is good but..." then by the end I was 100% all in. I've been listening to it on and off all day and it just keeps getting better.  Between this and the killer live version of Famous Prophets I got to hear a few times this year, I think the full band's gonna do something great with TF as much as I adore the original recording.

4 minutes ago, openupyourskull said:

I thought the same exact thing on my first listen, during the first half my line of thinking was "this is good but..." then by the end I was 100% all in. I've been listening to it on and off all day and it just keeps getting better.  Between this and the killer live version of Famous Prophets I got to hear a few times this year, I think the full band's gonna do something great with TF as much as I adore the original recording.

I think you're right.

I've got around 40 bootleg concerts of CSH but only one of them (which I recorded!) has Famous Prophets. I wish more people would record the live sets, I'd love a bigger archive.