PO Now: Portugal the Man - Woodstock

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

Also kind of weird that the bundled LP isn't a gatefold but the standard LP is.  Are these limited at all?

I noticed that too, very weird. I'm sure they are "limited". Major labels rarely do limited stuff. I think I'm going to keep my bullmoose order too,for the gatefold and possibly a June delivery date. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I noticed that too, very weird. I'm sure they are "limited". Major labels rarely do limited stuff. I think I'm going to keep my bullmoose order too,for the gatefold and possibly a June delivery date. 

Me too, sticking with Bull Moose. 7 inch is nice, but doubt I'd ever play it. 

1 hour ago, highfives said:

This one might be a  grower.   It's  pretty different from anything they've done before.  

I'm digging it. I really like the Richie Heavens bit from Woodstock.

1 hour ago, dnl said:

Did the release date for the standard vinyl change? I can't even find it on Amazon anymore.

They took it down a day or two after they posted it for some odd reason.

A word about the vinyl…
Vinyl Release of Portugal. The Man's Woodstock Delayed:
A Choose-Your-Own-Excuse Press Release.
For reasons that are complicated and boring, and frankly, reasons that we've been politely asked by our record label not to discuss, the release of Portugal. The Man's new album, Woodstock, on vinyl will be delayed past the album release date. If you'd like to read more about how the band is going to make up for it, please go to the last paragraph. But if you would like a more satisfying excuse at which to direct your disappointment and umbrage, please select one below.
A) Alex Jones Goes Vinyl
Lawyers for conspiracy theorist and part-time Portugal. The Man rival Alex Jones have recently described his show as "performance art." Fully embracing this new moniker, Jones has decided to eschew the right-wing radio airwaves for a more artful medium: vinyl records. The move has redirected over 95% of the supply of vinyl to Austin, where Jones is pressing each day's show into an 8-disc box set with well-designed, race-baiting artwork. "My art has finally found its format. It's like you're in the room with me as I yell my incoherent ramblings," Jones said. "You can almost feel my spittle hit you in the face." The massive redirection of America's vinyl supply has, of course, delayed Portugal. The Man's new album, Woodstock.
B) Losing to China, Mexico & Now Great Britain
In what many experts are calling a "Reverse British Invasion," Great Britain now accounts for nearly 100% of all vinyl sales. The popularity of records across the pond has caused both record labels and distributors to nearly eschew the American market altogether. As a result, good ol' American bands like Portugal. The Man are having to delay U.S. vinyl release dates. But help is on the way. The White House released a statement saying, "First, they're taking our jobs, and now they're taking our vinyl. It won't stand." Followed by, "Now, vinyl records, what is that exactly?"
C) Sorry, Bro. We Spaced on the Vinyl.
Listen, you can't release a custom blend of weed designed to be paired with your new single "Feel It Still" AND get all the songs to the company that presses your vinyl on time. The world doesn't work that way. You can have a fun rock band, or you can have a punctual rock band. But not both. OK? We'll make it up to you.
To make up for the delay, and because the band believes their music is best heard on a turntable, Portugal. The Man will be sending people who pre-order the vinyl special limited-edition art created by lead singer John Gourley. Of the limited artwork, there will also be even more limited, special-edition versions of the art in black (300 pieces), purple (50 pieces), and gold (one piece, framed) sent out randomly to pre-orders. And, of course, when you order the album on vinyl, the digital download will be available on the release date at no extra cost. The band is very sorry about the delay, and they appreciate everyone's patience.

3 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:
A word about the vinyl…
For reasons that are complicated and boring, and frankly, reasons that we've been politely asked by our record label not to discuss, the release of Portugal. The Man's new album, Woodstock, on vinyl will be delayed past the album release date. If you'd like to read more about how the band is going to make up for it, please go to the last paragraph. But if you would like a more satisfying excuse at which to direct your disappointment and umbrage, please select one below.
A) Alex Jones Goes Vinyl
Lawyers for conspiracy theorist and part-time Portugal. The Man rival Alex Jones have recently described his show as "performance art." Fully embracing this new moniker, Jones has decided to eschew the right-wing radio airwaves for a more artful medium: vinyl records. The move has redirected over 95% of the supply of vinyl to Austin, where Jones is pressing each day's show into an 8-disc box set with well-designed, race-baiting artwork. "My art has finally found its format. It's like you're in the room with me as I yell my incoherent ramblings," Jones said. "You can almost feel my spittle hit you in the face." The massive redirection of America's vinyl supply has, of course, delayed Portugal. The Man's new album, Woodstock.
In what many experts are calling a "Reverse British Invasion," Great Britain now accounts for nearly 100% of all vinyl sales. The popularity of records across the pond has caused both record labels and distributors to nearly eschew the American market altogether. As a result, good ol' American bands like Portugal. The Man are having to delay U.S. vinyl release dates. But help is on the way. The White House released a statement saying, "First, they're taking our jobs, and now they're taking our vinyl. It won't stand." Followed by, "Now, vinyl records, what is that exactly?"
Listen, you can't release a custom blend of weed designed to be paired with your new single "Feel It Still" AND get all the songs to the company that presses your vinyl on time. The world doesn't work that way. You can have a fun rock band, or you can have a punctual rock band. But not both. OK? We'll make it up to you.
To make up for the delay, and because the band believes their music is best heard on a turntable, Portugal. The Man will be sending people who pre-order the vinyl special limited-edition art created by lead singer John Gourley. Of the limited artwork, there will also be even more limited, special-edition versions of the art in black (300 pieces), purple (50 pieces), and gold (one piece, framed) sent out randomly to pre-orders. And, of course, when you order the album on vinyl, the digital download will be available on the release date at no extra cost. The band is very sorry about the delay, and they appreciate everyone's patience.

not quite tongue-in-cheek enough for me

3 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:
A word about the vinyl…
A) Alex Jones Goes Vinyl

not quite tongue-in-cheek enough for me