Mt. Eerie - ELV038: Lost Wisdom (2016 reissue) by Mount Eerie with Julie Doiron & Fred Squire

Lost Wisdom has been out of print on vinyl for a while now. Here is an updated version with a more legitimate LP jacket, a new and better poster, all the lyrics, and a free download. If you don’t already know these recordings, they are special. Julie and Fred stopped in Anacortes for a couple days in 2008, musicians passing through, and recorded these quick and pretty versions of acoustic Mount Eerie songs in a small wooden room on the 3rd floor of an old old building. The voices harmonize and meld well in the room itself before even finding the microphone. Straightforward and powerful.

(ten songs, white vinyl LP, heavy old style jacket, full color double sided jumbo poster on heavy uncoated stock, 34 1/2” x 23”, download card)
http://www.pwelverumandsun.com/store

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty stoked about this one. 

I miss Phil's unique sleeves. Screen-printing, recycling thrift store jackets, fold out posters, art books, etc. The standard jackets he uses nowadays are extremely high quality but lack the personality of previous releases which I enjoyed.

I've got a copy of this in a poster sleeve on black vinyl which I'll be hanging onto. It is a great album.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how this is the most recent Phil Elverum thread I thought that I would share this here.

Phil just set up a gofundme because his wife Geneviève was diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 pancreatic cancer a year ago, just months after the birth of their daughter. The bills are starting to pile up, and with them both being unable to work, they are asking people for help. This is so brutal.

https://www.gofundme.com/elverum

• 1 month later...

R.I.P. Geneviève

From the gofundme:

Geneviève died today at 1pm.
She was truly driven to work and stay living right up to the last minute, insisting on getting up and going to work in her studio way beyond when many would have surrendered to rest.  
Last night and this morning she declined quickly and receded into her own eyes as her body vetoed her wishes, her lungs filling with fluid. She died at home with me and her parents holding her, hopefully having reached some last minute peace.  
It's all very sad and surreal. So much is left unfinished for her. She was a firehose of brilliant ideas that never turned off.  
We loved her and everything is weird now.
Thank you for all the money, all the support and love.
Phil