PO Now: Dinosaur Jr. - Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not (Out 8/5)

15 hours ago, tonyfranciosa said:

Album rules.

And i agree that the production sounds different from their last few. Less fat, if that makes sense. Drums sound really thin.

It's not just thin....there's literally no bottom end on this album.  It's like he asked their mastering engineer to use a high-pass filter set at like 250-300

i know their a "guitar band", but you gotta have a solid bass spectrum to build off of....thankfully most all of this album just rips really hard, the songs are there for certain

4 hours ago, birdwell said:

It's not just thin....there's literally no bottom end on this album.  It's like he asked their mastering engineer to use a high-pass filter set at like 250-300

i know their a "guitar band", but you gotta have a solid bass spectrum to build off of....thankfully most all of this album just rips really hard, the songs are there for certain

It's different but there isn't a bottom end on any DJ record that's not new. Sounds like Beyond to me.

I just picked up a purple one at my local shop, they had several and 9000 definitely sounds more likely if it's an "indie store exclusive" and not some other highly limited type of release.

I've not traditionally been a huge fan of the band and don't own any of their albums in any format other than digital, but checked out the samples of this earlier today and was impressed enough to pick it up. Spinning now.

I noticed yesterday while updating some items in iTunes that the download of this album is at 192kbps. Is that par for the course from Jagjaguwar? At a quick glance to compare, the first Jagjauwar album I can think of that I know I downloaded from them was Viet Cong's debut LP and it's at 320.