PO Now: The Album Leaf - Between Waves

Relapse has put up pre-orders for Between Waves.... The Album Leaf's first full length in 6 years and the first that was recorded/produced as a full band.

pre-order here... http://www.relapse.com/the-album-leaf-between-waves/

First Press (Standard Edition) http://store.relapse.com/item/40358

3765 x Black Standard Gram

200 x Royal Blue Standard Gram *Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

Between Waves

First Press (Deluxe 2xLP Edition) http://store.relapse.com/item/40359

Relapse.com exclusive 2xLP contains the 'Between Waves' core album on LP1 and an exclusive 2nd LP containing 4 bonus tracks and 5 remixed tracks. 

900 x Red / White Merge with Black Splatter *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear (do not request clear)

Between Waves Deluxe

There's also a bundle with the Deluxe, a signed LP flat, and a slipmat. http://store.relapse.com/item/40554

15 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

YES! So stoked for this. That red variant looks absolutely incredible!

But, I keep seeing these limited clear editions from Relapse, that then indicate (DO NOT REQUEST CLEAR), so how does one go about obtaining these clear variants?

ill give you the sincere answer compared to the snarky responses that I am sure will follow this..

one of three ways:  discogs / ebay, get to know someone at the label (or in the band) or I have always heard rumors of them occasionally being slipped

into regular orders.

I have a few clears and I have gotten them from all three.  

20 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

ill give you the sincere answer compared to the snarky responses that I am sure will follow this..

one of three ways:  discogs / ebay, get to know someone at the label (or in the band) or I have always heard rumors of them occasionally being slipped

into regular orders.

I have a few clears and I have gotten them from all three.  

I've debated a buddy of mine from relapse about this.  Have you ever spoken to the person/persons you know at relapse about it? I was basically told if you don't like it you don't have to buy the clear but people pay so we do it (paraphrasing not quoting).  I have friends in some of the bands give me clear so whatever i guess I'm part of the problem.  

6 minutes ago, versusexcalibur said:

I've debated a buddy of mine from relapse about this.  Have you ever spoken to the person/persons you know at relapse about it? I was basically told if you don't like it you don't have to buy the clear but people pay so we do it (paraphrasing not quoting).  I have friends in some of the bands give me clear so whatever i guess I'm part of the problem.  

I do have a person I talk to occasionally there but he's never really told me about what he pays for those.  

but I know I bought a wrong on clear and it wasn't too much more than what one pays retail.

1 minute ago, thepunkguy said:

I do have a person I talk to occasionally there but he's never really told me about what he pays for those.  

but I know I bought a wrong on clear and it wasn't too much more than what one pays retail.

That's cool.  Im not a fan of the practice but like i said, its not like i wouldn't take a clear so I'm part of the problem.  

Just now, versusexcalibur said:

That's cool.  Im not a fan of the practice but like i said, its not like i wouldn't take a clear so I'm part of the problem.  

ha.  I mean I feel you.

I just want the records and if someone reselling their special copy pays bills for someone who probably doesn't

make a ton working for a record label, that's ok w me.  but definitely realize it might rub some people wrong.

16 minutes ago, versusexcalibur said:

When i place an order with relapse, i always write in the notes "someday you'll surprise me with a clear" or something to that effect.  

haha/ I need to try that.

or something like.   everytime you randomly insert a clear, a metal head finds a free bag of weed.

Edited by thepunkguy

• 3 weeks later...

So Relapse just sent an email saying the pressing plant fucked up and pressed the deluxe record as blue...

b249979119ae5e72cf336f45773f0ee2.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty fucking bummed. The red/white/black splatter one was amazing and matched the cover PERFECTLY. This looks cool, but doesn't match at all. Ugh.

Edited by Kanye West

I got an email from Relapse 

We are contacting you regarding your recent pre-order of the deluxe edition of The Album Leaf's new record "Between Waves". Due to a mix up at our vinyl pressing plant, this version of the record was pressed using blue vinyl for the merge instead of red as originally announced. We apologize for the change, but we still think that this record turned out awesome...you can view the final product below:

Between Waves Blue Vinyl

If you wish to cancel your order for any reason please reply to [email protected]for assistance.

Sorry once again for the inconvenience and thank you for supporting The Album Leaf and Relapse Records!

-Relapse Mailorder